RV dealers not budging on prices

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Heard many horror story's on used campers. Folks selling a lemon to get away from it.
That can be, and is true...but I can guarentee to any buyer (if I chose to sell it) my '21 is in better shape than the day I pulled it home new. ;)
If I was looking in the used market, I'd seriously consider private sellers. It don't take long to see how well, or not, it had been cared for. I think there's gonna be a lot of motivated sellers shortly. There's a small covered storage place close by, 4 units on consignment now. 3 less than 3 years old....and I live in a really small town.

Last edited:
Son went and looked at some and now the dealer is blowing up his phone. Yep, the market is turning.

They started blowing me up after i walked out on all of them. I got the one I wanted with about 5k off to where i wanted it.

I also called 6 other dealerships randomly in the US, not in Georgia, that had the exact same RV. I got directed to whomever sales guy they sent me and i told them the following.

"Im never going to buy from you. I wont be shipping to Georgia. You and i will never talk again. I'm going to buy from a dealer here. Can you tell the actual price for this and am i getting a good deal?" lol

They all thought it was pretty funny and gave me some info. I had done some other researching and it did seem to correlate. :LOL:

pjciii

I got an email from Marcus Lemonis as I am sure every other camping world customer did. They are liquidating 2023. Looks like 20 to 30k off. I would take that price and subtract another 30% and start from there. Here is a link starting with my zip code going nationwide. Maybe you will see something you like. If you can stay away from used.

ssramage

I got an email from Marcus Lemonis as I am sure every other camping world customer did. They are liquidating 2023. Looks like 20 to 30k off. I would take that price and subtract another 30% and start from there. Here is a link starting with my zip code going nationwide. Maybe you will see something you like. If you can stay away from used.

The camper I want still seems to not be discounted as much, mainly because availability isn't high (Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS). I'll keep looking for prices to come down and may jump on one in the next year or so if a deal comes up. We bought our Kodiak at the right price and according to NADA, I'm pretty far ahead right now.

transfixer

Spoke with my sister over the weekend, she called wanting to borrow my multi-meter, they got their camper back from the dealer on Saturday, after they had it 8 weeks for warranty work, and basically didn't fix hardly anything, the refrigerator was making a tapping noise,but did at least work, water heater didn't work, couple of the water pipes leaked, a few other minor cosmetic things they sorta fixed, after getting it back, they were told refrigerator making that noise was normal operation, didn't even address the water heater, they had a spot reserved up at one of the campgrounds at Altoona this week for all week, went to load up on Sunday, Refrigerator now doesn't even work, water heater still doesn't work of course, one of the pipes still leaks, Someone likely caught a hind end chewing over the phone yesterday, she's refusing to take it back to the dealer they got it from and who was supposed to do the warranty work, going to see if the company will approve a mobile RV mechanic

Absolutely no way I'd buy new unless they let me check everything out on their lot before I signed papers and left

Huntinfool

Crazy. When we bought our 2017 in 2016, it was just a known fact that you could take 30-40% of the asking price. Boy things have changed. So many people wanting campers now.

Supply and demand. It's a beautiful thing....unless you're a buyer right now I guess.

pjciii

Spoke with my sister over the weekend, she called wanting to borrow my multi-meter, they got their camper back from the dealer on Saturday, after they had it 8 weeks for warranty work, and basically didn't fix hardly anything, the refrigerator was making a tapping noise,but did at least work, water heater didn't work, couple of the water pipes leaked, a few other minor cosmetic things they sorta fixed, after getting it back, they were told refrigerator making that noise was normal operation, didn't even address the water heater, they had a spot reserved up at one of the campgrounds at Altoona this week for all week, went to load up on Sunday, Refrigerator now doesn't even work, water heater still doesn't work of course, one of the pipes still leaks, Someone likely caught a hind end chewing over the phone yesterday, she's refusing to take it back to the dealer they got it from and who was supposed to do the warranty work, going to see if the company will approve a mobile RV mechanic

Absolutely no way I'd buy new unless they let me check everything out on their lot before I signed papers and left
I highly recommend Appalachee Rv over in winder. They will work with manufacturer to try and get it covered. They do excellent work. I had always dealt with Traci Fulkerson 770-868-0999. I don't even know if he is still there. The best advice I can give is to learn how to do that stuff yourself. There is alot of good information on you tube.

I know this doesn't sound right but it is the way dealers treat you. I heard of a guy that took it to a dealer for warranty work and they had it for 9 months and when he got it back it still had the same problem.

ssramage

I just took my 10 month camper in for a bunch of stuff we've found. The warranty denied all of it. :ROFLMAO:

transfixer

I highly recommend Appalachee Rv over in winder. They will work with manufacturer to try and get it covered. They do excellent work. I had always dealt with Traci Fulkerson 770-868-0999. I don't even know if he is still there. The best advice I can give is to learn how to do that stuff yourself. There is alot of good information on you tube.

I know this doesn't sound right but it is the way dealers treat you. I heard of a guy that took it to a dealer for warranty work and they had it for 9 months and when he got it back it still had the same problem.

They bought this one at a dealer over around Anniston,AL. I'm relatively sure I could fix the majority of the issues myself if it was mine, but my sister and bro in law aren't fix it type people, my sister probably knows more when it comes to fixing things than he does

It would just really irritate me if I had bought a brand new one and then had the variety of issues they've had right off the bat

Mike 65

RVs are mass produced by the cheapest labor they can find. Choose your Dealer wisely! They will be the one taking care of you. And camping world is Not good.