Saban, A Recruiting Machine!

kevina

Banned
http://www.tidesports.com/article/2...BONE-How-many-more-commitments-will-Tide-add-

ANDREW BONE: How many more commitments will Tide add?

alabama football practiceMichael E. Palmer / Tuscaloosa News Members of the University of Alabama defensive line run through drills Thursday April 16, 2009 in Tuscaloosa. At right is freshman Damion Square (92). The University of Alabama's recruiting class of 2010 has commitments from 18 high school prospects and two junior college basketball players who were a part of the class of 2008.

Published: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, August 3, 2009 at 11:25 p.m.
The University of Alabama's recruiting class of 2010 has commitments from 18 high school prospects and two junior college players who were a part of the class of 2008. The balance of this year's recruiting class has very few slots available. Scout.com ranks Alabama's recruiting class No. 2 only behind Texas at this point.

The question remains how many more players will Alabama add to the class of 2010. Fewer than eight overall prospects are the early indicators. A lot more scholarship offers are out to players than the Tide coaching staff will take, so a pecking order is evident. Scholarship offers are not always as they appear.

Players with scholarship offers may not necessarily have the ability to call up the coaching staff to commit. Such a player may fall in plan B or even plan C if other players above him decide to commit or not commit. The situation is explained to recruits, and it comes as no surprise that some wait to see where commitments start to fall into place, maybe to Alabama or another school, as the year progresses.

Some players are eager to receive a scholarship offer from Alabama, but may fall just outside other players ranked higher on the recruiting board. Same-case scenario for many high school prospects as they wait to see if players above them commit to other schools before receiving an offer.

The big news hit last week when Michael Strauss, quarterback from Gulliver Prep in Miami, Fla., received an offer from Alabama. Strauss committed to Tulane before an offer was extended from the Tide staff. Strauss performed very well at camp in Tuscaloosa, with the staff waiting until the end of all of UA's camps before deciding to make a call to the Sunshine State prospect.

Gio Bernard, Scout.com four-star running back from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in St. Augustine, Fla., continues to express interest in the Tide.

The chances are slim that Alabama will take another running back in this class.

'A lot of schools are showing me love right now, and I could honestly pick any of the schools,' Bernard tole NoleDigest.com after his most recent unofficial visit to Florida State. 'The one I like and that has comfort and all of that is what I want. I'll probably go through the whole process, see every school, and take my time.'

Alabama may take only one more wide receiver in the class of 2010, with several targets in the mix.

Kyle Prater, Scout.com's No. 1-ranked wide receiver in the country from Proviso West High School in Hillside, Ill., has built a relationship with Alabama quarterback commitment Phillip Sims and has indicated a possible visit to Tuscaloosa. Prater won't make a decision until after taking official visits. Illinois, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Southern Cal were named as his top four schools after a weekend unofficial visit to Knoxville.

Demarco Cobbs, Scout.com four-star wide receiver from Central High School in Tulsa, Okla., attended the Tide's camp, as well as camps at Southern Cal and Oklahoma. He'll visit Tennessee for an unofficial visit in early August.

'They have great tradition,' Cobbs told Scout.com of Alabama. 'They've really turned it around the last two years. Coach Nick Saban has them back on top, and they are recruiting all the best players, so you know they are still going to get better.'

Vincent Sanders, Scout.com three-star receiver from Noxubee County High School in Macon, Miss., visited Alabama during the weekend and remains a target for the staff. Other prospects at the position include DeAndrew White, four-star from North Shore High School in Galena Park, Texas, James Wright, three-star from Belle Chasse High School in Louisiana, and Chris Dunkley, four-star from Pahokee High School in Florida.

Harrison Jones, Scout.com three-star tight end from Evangelical Christian in Cordova, Tenn., remains in the mix. Jones is the younger brother of Alabama offensive lineman Barrett Jones.

The Tide coaching staff also may take only one more offensive lineman.

James Stone, Scout.com four-star offensive tackle from Maplewood High School in Nashville, Tenn., appears to be a top priority for the Alabama staff. Arie Kouandjio, Scout.com 300 offensive tackle from Dematha Catholic in Hyattsville, Md., is recruited by Alabama as well. Other offensive linemen who remain as uncommitted prospects include Damien Robinson, Scout.com five-star offensive tackle from Olive Branch High School in Miss., and Dalvin Glass, three-star offensive guard from Carter High School in Dallas, Texas.

Visit TideSports.com and Scout.com for Andrew Bone's recruiting coverage. Reach Andrew Bone at abone@scout.com.

AccUbonD

See a few recruits named in the article that Bama has zero chance on landing. Tennessee actually is in better position to land a few of the prospects mentioned.

kevina

Banned
See a few recruits named in the article that Bama has zero chance on landing. Tennessee actually is in better position to land a few of the prospects mentioned.

I believe the artical states that UT is on some of the recruits list:crazy: If we could sign everyone that we wanted, it would not be fair. Ask the BEAR:cool:

proside

Banned

If I did not know anything about college football and I accidentally logged on here, I would think you knew everything about college football!:cheers:

But since I do know a little sumpin sumpin about the game....WHAT FREAKING WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN TO EXPECT US TO TO RESPECT ANYTHING THAT YOU SAY ABOUT THIS GAME TO BE TRUE!

You could start your own TV show and call it.......STUPID UT fans caught on video!!!:smash::banginghe:rofl:

Did you write that song from back in the 80's called.....you spin me right round like a record right round round round like a record round round:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
If I did not know anything about college football and I accidentally logged on here, I would think you knew everything about college football!:cheers:

But since I do know a little sumpin sumpin about the game....WHAT FREAKING WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN TO EXPECT US TO TO RESPECT ANYTHING THAT YOU SAY ABOUT THIS GAME TO BE TRUE!

You could start your own TV show and call it.......STUPID UT fans caught on video!!!:smash::banginghe:rofl:

Did you write that song from back in the 80's called.....you spin me right round like a record right round round round like a record round round:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man those 10RC fans sure do dress funny and have weird hairdo's

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJv5qLsLYoo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJv5qLsLYoo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

proside

Banned
Man those 10RC fans sure do dress funny and have weird hairdo's

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJv5qLsLYoo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJv5qLsLYoo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You know that song:hair:

And all this time I thought you were a country boy.......
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4s0nzsU1Wg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4s0nzsU1Wg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

proside

Banned
There were a few clubs I hit in my younger days.......back when it was safe to drive through Atlanta at night...:bounce:

you mean back in these days?:bounce:<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUjIA3Rt7gk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uUjIA3Rt7gk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AccUbonD

Internet is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it.

As of 8/5/09

Kyle prater- USC/UT battle. He really like the coaches at USC and seems to be a lean to USC.

Demarco Cobb- will be hard to pull from Oklahoma and I will know more where he stands after this weekend.

Then we have James Stone. I will be watching this one closely cause he is one out of Tennessee that UT and Bama are after pretty hard. I have heard from the right people he will be in Orange come signing day and he is just playing the recruiting game.

All these points are subject to change after today. I cannot predict the future, but as of right now I stand behind my original post.

AccUbonD

Oh and BTW,

I'm quiet sure your football knowledge only goes so far. Lets see Hmmm.... Maybe the 90's? I mean that is when UF started fielding a football team.

rex upshaw

http://www.tidesports.com/article/2...BONE-How-many-more-commitments-will-Tide-add-

ANDREW BONE: How many more commitments will Tide add?

alabama football practiceMichael E. Palmer / Tuscaloosa News Members of the University of Alabama defensive line run through drills Thursday April 16, 2009 in Tuscaloosa. At right is freshman Damion Square (92). The University of Alabama's recruiting class of 2010 has commitments from 18 high school prospects and two junior college basketball players who were a part of the class of 2008.

Published: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, August 3, 2009 at 11:25 p.m.
The University of Alabama's recruiting class of 2010 has commitments from 18 high school prospects and two junior college players who were a part of the class of 2008. The balance of this year's recruiting class has very few slots available. Scout.com ranks Alabama's recruiting class No. 2 only behind Texas at this point.

The question remains how many more players will Alabama add to the class of 2010. Fewer than eight overall prospects are the early indicators. A lot more scholarship offers are out to players than the Tide coaching staff will take, so a pecking order is evident. Scholarship offers are not always as they appear.

Players with scholarship offers may not necessarily have the ability to call up the coaching staff to commit. Such a player may fall in plan B or even plan C if other players above him decide to commit or not commit. The situation is explained to recruits, and it comes as no surprise that some wait to see where commitments start to fall into place, maybe to Alabama or another school, as the year progresses.

Some players are eager to receive a scholarship offer from Alabama, but may fall just outside other players ranked higher on the recruiting board. Same-case scenario for many high school prospects as they wait to see if players above them commit to other schools before receiving an offer.

The big news hit last week when Michael Strauss, quarterback from Gulliver Prep in Miami, Fla., received an offer from Alabama. Strauss committed to Tulane before an offer was extended from the Tide staff. Strauss performed very well at camp in Tuscaloosa, with the staff waiting until the end of all of UA's camps before deciding to make a call to the Sunshine State prospect.

Gio Bernard, Scout.com four-star running back from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in St. Augustine, Fla., continues to express interest in the Tide.

The chances are slim that Alabama will take another running back in this class.

'A lot of schools are showing me love right now, and I could honestly pick any of the schools,' Bernard tole NoleDigest.com after his most recent unofficial visit to Florida State. 'The one I like and that has comfort and all of that is what I want. I'll probably go through the whole process, see every school, and take my time.'

Alabama may take only one more wide receiver in the class of 2010, with several targets in the mix.

Kyle Prater, Scout.com's No. 1-ranked wide receiver in the country from Proviso West High School in Hillside, Ill., has built a relationship with Alabama quarterback commitment Phillip Sims and has indicated a possible visit to Tuscaloosa. Prater won't make a decision until after taking official visits. Illinois, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Southern Cal were named as his top four schools after a weekend unofficial visit to Knoxville.

Demarco Cobbs, Scout.com four-star wide receiver from Central High School in Tulsa, Okla., attended the Tide's camp, as well as camps at Southern Cal and Oklahoma. He'll visit Tennessee for an unofficial visit in early August.

'They have great tradition,' Cobbs told Scout.com of Alabama. 'They've really turned it around the last two years. Coach Nick Saban has them back on top, and they are recruiting all the best players, so you know they are still going to get better.'

Vincent Sanders, Scout.com three-star receiver from Noxubee County High School in Macon, Miss., visited Alabama during the weekend and remains a target for the staff. Other prospects at the position include DeAndrew White, four-star from North Shore High School in Galena Park, Texas, James Wright, three-star from Belle Chasse High School in Louisiana, and Chris Dunkley, four-star from Pahokee High School in Florida.

Harrison Jones, Scout.com three-star tight end from Evangelical Christian in Cordova, Tenn., remains in the mix. Jones is the younger brother of Alabama offensive lineman Barrett Jones.

The Tide coaching staff also may take only one more offensive lineman.

James Stone, Scout.com four-star offensive tackle from Maplewood High School in Nashville, Tenn., appears to be a top priority for the Alabama staff. Arie Kouandjio, Scout.com 300 offensive tackle from Dematha Catholic in Hyattsville, Md., is recruited by Alabama as well. Other offensive linemen who remain as uncommitted prospects include Damien Robinson, Scout.com five-star offensive tackle from Olive Branch High School in Miss., and Dalvin Glass, three-star offensive guard from Carter High School in Dallas, Texas.

Visit TideSports.com and Scout.com for Andrew Bone's recruiting coverage. Reach Andrew Bone at abone@scout.com.

i wonder if he will oversign a bunch of players again and then release a few of the current scholarship players? and yes, saban is a great recruiter.

AccUbonD

i wonder if he will oversign a bunch of players again and then release a few of the current scholarship players? and yes, saban is a great recruiter.

Preyear signed with Alabama in 2008 but grayshirted this past season while recovering from shoulder surgery. He enrolled in January and participated in April's A-Day Game. If, as expected, he leaves the Crimson Tide now, Preyear does so without his scholarship ever counting toward Alabama's 85-man total.

He would join an attrition list that may include close to a dozen scholarship players from this spring's roster, as well as multiple 2009 signees expected to delay enrollment and grayshirt this fall. These exits should allow Alabama to come in under its 85-man scholarship limit and have room for Louisiana signees Eddie Lacy and Darrington Sentimore, who are waiting on academic word from the NCAA Clearinghouse.

talks alittle about it here.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/124877254051170.xml&coll=3

fairhopebama

Good point. You know times are on the upswing when you have players who were recruited as a 4 star asking for a transfer because they know they have no shot at seeing playing time.

BOWROD

myself im glad there is a limit on the # of recruits each program can have, with this said bammer can send all those 4 star recruits they dont want right on down 65 south to auburn !! saban is hands down the best recruiter out there look what he did at lsu>>>.. but with all these #1 classes comes some big time expectations !!!! only time will tell ???

riprap

Oh and BTW,

I'm quiet sure your football knowledge only goes so far. Lets see Hmmm.... Maybe the 90's? I mean that is when UF started fielding a football team.

There are a few guys on here that are too knowledgeable for this forum. I don't know why they waste their time on here. They should be on talk radio or ESPN. Their opinions are the only ones that count.

yellowduckdog

There are a few guys on here that are too knowledgeable for this forum. I don't know why they waste their time on here. They should be on talk radio or ESPN. Their opinions are the only ones that count.

Truer words have never been spoken:bounce:

Dudley Do-Wrong

.. but with all these #1 classes comes some big time expectations !!!! only time will tell ???

Yeah, UGA has had a number of top 5 recruiting classes recently and have little to show for it.