Saban, A Recruiting Machine!

BlackSmoke

Yeah, UGA has had a number of top 5 recruiting classes recently and have little to show for it.

Actually, according to Rivals, UGA has only had 2 "top 5" classes in the last 8 years....:rolleyes:

Granted, the other 6 have been "top 10"....just didn't want you getting ahead of yourself ;)

proside

Banned
Oh and BTW,

I'm quiet sure your football knowledge only goes so far. Lets see Hmmm.... Maybe the 90's? I mean that is when UF started fielding a football team.

And we already have more NC's than UT and we have only been playing football a few years!:rolleyes:

Dudley Do-Wrong

Winning the SEC is fine, but it's not the NC. The only team to win THE trophy is first place team. UGA has had too many top 5 recruiting classes in the last 5 to 8 years not to have won the NC once or twice in those years. I believe that during the past 5 to 8 years that UGA has had one or 2 teams that were capable of it.

I'm not being sarcastic and this is what I truly see; a lot of UGA fans are satisfied with something less than the best and brag about consolation prizes.

OK, I'm proud of the season we (Bama) had but we fell flat at the end. All said and done, the only people who remembers who came in 2nd place (or lower) are those teams (and fans) who came in 2nd place (or lower).

jdgator

If a recruit passes up Fl, GA, Alabama, or LSU, it is because he thinks he won't get a chance to play at the school because it is already stacked. A good problem to have. Thats why some SEC schools have been top 10 but not #1; there haven't been enough positions up for grabs. Blue chip players already fill the depth charts.

Thats why it was a hard sell for Florida to recruit a QB the past few years - every kid knew it would be all Tebow. Same for UGA...

kevina

Banned
if a recruit passes up fl, ga, alabama, or lsu, it is because he thinks he won't get a chance to play at the school because it is already stacked. A good problem to have. Thats why some sec schools have been top 10 but not #1; there haven't been enough positions up for grabs. Blue chip players already fill the depth charts.

Thats why it was a hard sell for florida to recruit a qb the past few years - every kid knew it would be all tebow. Same for uga...

true!

proside

Banned
IF you mean BCS NC's then yes Florida does, but that's about as far as that goes.

Nothing else Matters!!!:biggrin2:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAsA00-5KoI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAsA00-5KoI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

proside

Banned
Wouldn't a Queen video been more appropriate?? :p

LIKE THIS ONE?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sogKUx_q7ig&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sogKUx_q7ig&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AccUbonD

Since I got called out in this thread about recruiting info, I feel the need to update.

Tennessee lead for Cobbs services
USC leads for Prater
James Stone is the one in question. He seems like he wants to put education above football and Vandy or ND might be his choices in the end, which I can deal with that. It's a lot better than him going to Bama.

Last edited:

AccUbonD

Saban (the recruiting machine) better get a hold of Jawaun James. He could de-commit in the next couple of weeks.

Kyle Prater is suppose to announce today at 2:30 central. It appears he is USC bound.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
It's all good AccuSpin, in a few hours the season starts and none of this will matter. Kiffen will finally have to put his money where his mouths are, at both ends..;)

AccUbonD

Saban (the recruiting machine) better get a hold of Jawaun James. He could de-commit in the next couple of weeks.

Kyle Prater is suppose to announce today at 2:30 central. It appears he is USC bound.

It's all good AccuSpin, in a few hours the season starts and none of this will matter. Kiffen will finally have to put his money where his mouths are, at both ends..;)

Anyway, Jawaun James Has decommitted from BAMA

Tide loses commitment

James will take several visits this fall with Alabama still a possibility. It is unclear who the other major contenders are at this point, but Tennessee is expected to be heavily involved in his recruitment.

"There is absolutely nothing to worry about with Blake," said Sonny Sims. "Come Signing Day, Blake is all Alabama. His recruitment has been over since he committed to Alabama several months ago. A.J. doesn't have a way to get around much, and we decided to take him several weeks ago."

- Shane Youngblood

AccUbonD

Oh well, I guess he is one of those "go where they will promise a position" instead of Saban's program of earning the slot.

Sounds like he is Tennessee bound...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't know, hard to say at this point. I like UT chances though.

kevina

Banned
Don't know, hard to say at this point. I like UT chances though.

Crompton just threw his 3rd pick against UCLA and 5th in 6 qtrs of football. Can James play QB?:D