Sad follow up to a year ago post

ssmith

A year or more ago I put a post that was so gladly received, I never expected the response . Told of us old timers in the woods hunting for my deer . The ages were 84 , 82 , 77 and 76 . I reckon it encouraged others to keep on . Well, my 84 yr old friend died in a car accident , my 82 died of natural causes, another on hospice and me the 76 yr. old now 78 still kicking. Enjoy your time in the woods and thank God for each outing . Times will change but for a Christian “the best is yet to come” Just smelled bacon cooking -got to go -God Bless

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
So sorry for your loss but like you said, the best is yet to come and when you get there they will be waiting for you. For now, cherish the good memories y'all made together and look forward to making more of them. :rockon:

280 Man

Banned
A year or more ago I put a post that was so gladly received, I never expected the response . Told of us old timers in the woods hunting for my deer . The ages were 84 , 82 , 77 and 76 . I reckon it encouraged others to keep on . Well, my 84 yr old friend died in a car accident , my 82 died of natural causes, another on hospice and me the 76 yr. old now 78 still kicking. Enjoy your time in the woods and thank God for each outing . Times will change but for a Christian “the best is yet to come” Just smelled bacon cooking -got to go -God Bless

Sorry for your loss but Paul said it best in Romans 8 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" and I'll just piggy-back 1 Corinthians 2 "But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

rstallings1979

I am sorry for the loss of your comrades. Your post makes me realize even more that we are all returning to the dust as each second goes by. I almost skipped a year on going to the Midwest two years ago and then I think about getting older and my body failing me. I just turned 40 and the men on my mothers side never make it to 70 but the men on my fathers side drink and smoke and seem to keep ticking into their 80s. What cards will I be dealt? In any case I will continue to make memories with my kids and my friends while I am able. May you have many more sits ahead of you.

kingfish

I remember the post too. Made me realize just how important my hunting and fishing buddies are to me. Sorry for your loss, I really can't imagine life without my buds. Had 2 near misses last year due to that darn widow maker heart valve, but luckily both got to the hospital in time and are doing great. Thanks for reposting.

duckyaker90

I hope that I’m still able to do the things that I love to do when I’m in my 70s and 80s. I know god doesn’t promise us tomorrow or our next breath, but he does promise eternal life, and I’m good with that. Picture a 100 ft rope with 6 inches of tape on one end. The tape represents your life here on earth. Don’t dwell on that part too much. Focus on that 99 ft and 6 inches of eternal life.

hambone76

I’m sorry for the loss of your friends. Your drive and will to pursue your interests are an inspiration to many I’m sure! I’ve enjoyed your posts and look forward to the ones yet to come.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Your inspiration is amazing and thank you for sharing your story with us. Sounds like y’all are a bunch of good folk and I’d have loved to be sitting around a campfire with ya!

strothershwacker

I remember it well. I told others about it. I enjoyed this past season more than any I think. Taking my health a lil' more serious these days and enjoying the hunts more than the kills. Deaths stalking all of us, so better know THE WAY out of the grave. Thank you sir for reminding us of these things. Everything I know, that's worth knowing, I learn't from old men.

alwayslookin

Searched your posts and couldn't find the thread you speak of but sounds like one I'd enjoy reading.

Regardless, sorry for your loss sir.

"Everything I know, that's worth knowing, I learn't from old men". I like that.

Triple C

Sorry for your loss. Be 64 in a few months and it's kinda surreal when you start losing friends due to heart attacks, strokes, cancer and other causes. Carry on brother! You're an inspiration to us young whippersnappers.

Always enjoy your posts.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Keep on kicking old fella. We are with you