Saddle Guys - Anyone using Amsteel Stick Attachments?

James12

Just replaced my cam buckles with the USA rope here. Got 4 of em and the platform rope. Anyone else that saddle hunts using these? Super light and less bulky too!!

andlan17

I used them last year for my sticks and love them. They weigh nothing and are very quite compared to the cam buckles. I am thinking about getting the platform one this year.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
i haven’t used them, but that’s pretty sweet! I’m using an OCB with a strap. I have a step on each side of my platform that remain on my strap and it works for me. I don’t think this would work for ROS, with the hitches…..maybe

deast1988

Custom amsteel products,

I’ve used a few of there’s, and I’ve diy a set.

It was easier to order pre made then build my own.

OffTheBeatnPath

Certainly better than a cam buckle banging around, I've got bike tubing on mine now to dampen the sound.
I'd like to have one of those for my platform.
I had to just accept what I have now because the mods seem to be endless with saddle hunting and is pretty dang expensive.
Although i'd like to get some of lattitudes new sticks. My hawk ones creak pretty bad when its cold.

crucible02

Little late to this discussion but I’ve used the cam straps, rope mods, amsteel daisy chains and I’ve now landed on Dyneema rope mods and I’m a big fan.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpeg
    IMG_1772.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1712.png
    IMG_1712.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

crucible02

Do those aiders hold on to the steps pretty tight?
I’ve been looking into them
Mine does. It’s heavy duty webbing and the loops are reinforced. They also have castration bands that you can slide up to hold the loops on the steps very tightly. The steps of the aider also have some kind of tubing or something in them to keep them open so you’re not fiddling in the dark trying to get your foot in the loop.

I got this one from RockNArbor.com for like $21. Made by a company called Ape Canyon Outdoors.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Little late to this discussion but I’ve used the cam straps, rope mods, amsteel daisy chains and I’ve now landed on Dyneema rope mods and I’m a big fan.
One of the best looking aiders I’ve seen.

Are y’all one sticking? I just don’t see an easier detachment method than a cam cleat on my 1 stick. With an oversized gear tie sticking up I can reach over and grab it almost effortlessly and moving my stick has become a lot more fluid. I need to play with my bridge length this year and try shortening it while climbing……,my ascender and carabiner are what I keep banging on my stick:banginghe

crucible02

One of the best looking aiders I’ve seen.

Are y’all one sticking? I just don’t see an easier detachment method than a cam cleat on my 1 stick. With an oversized gear tie sticking up I can reach over and grab it almost effortlessly and moving my stick has become a lot more fluid. I need to play with my bridge length this year and try shortening it while climbing……,my ascender and carabiner are what I keep banging on my stick:banginghe
I never could get into one-sticking. I’ve tried different things and always go back to sticks and platform. I just picked up the XOP X2 sticks and they are, IMO, the best bang for your Buck on the market. 4 sticks for sub $200 and weigh around 6.5 lbs total. Plus they bite like nothing I’ve ever used before.

dang

DANG !!!
I’m using amsteel daisy chains on beast minis. Much lighter, faster and quieter than the buckle straps. Nothing but good from me. Got mine from eastern woods outdoors

ssramage

Can't remember where I got mine but I've got Amsteel Daisy chains on my Shikars. Haven't used them a ton, but I really like them. They're solid, lightweight, fast and quiet.

ssramage

How you like those Shikars?
I like them. They're lightweight and stack nice. They grip the tree really well, but they've got a bite to them. I've busted my knuckles several times on them when setting up. The "teeth" on them are sharp.

Kris87

I have three different set of mobile stick setups and use amsteel on all three sets. I don't use it on my platform. I can cam lock it tighter using a cam buckle. I don't really use my platform much. I have a mini step on the top of all my sticks and normally just use that.

Ajohnson0587

Using them on my sticks, but not on the platform. I really like that they weigh almost nothing, they are crazy strong. I’m 6’0” 250, setting & climbing my sticks are not a cause for concern