Salmon or Samon

slow motion

The thread @sinclair1 started about changing times and stick shifts had me pondering about other things that have changed. Started to post there but thought might be a little off topic. That usually doesnt stop me but I'm trying to be better. Been thinking about the word salmon. Growing up we read and dreamed about catching salmon on spawning migrations and how the bears would line up and gorge on them. There was canned salmon and people made patties out of it and pan fried it to eat with biscuits. Occasionally there would be a story told of someone who had met a fella who had traveled and witnessed such. Then somewhere along the line the L disappeared from the word. Guess its the fancy way to say it. Still has an L in my speech. What about you? What else has changed? Lots of big things. More people, traffic and such. They're easy to see and try to avoid but I think it's the little things that seep in and erode away at the Southern culture.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
The thread @sinclair1 started about changing times and stick shifts had me pondering about other things that have changed. Started to post there but thought might be a little off topic. That usually doesnt stop me but I'm trying to be better. Been thinking about the word salmon. Growing up we read and dreamed about catching salmon on spawning migrations and how the bears would line up and gorge on them. There was canned salmon and people made patties out of it and pan fried it to eat with biscuits. Occasionally there would be a story told of someone who had met a fella who had traveled and witnessed such. Then somewhere along the line the L disappeared from the word. Guess its the fancy way to say it. Still has an L in my speech. What about you? What else has changed? Lots of big things. More people, traffic and such. They're easy to see and try to avoid but I think it's the little things that seep in and erode away at the Southern culture.
Couldn’t agree more

hopper

Samon here but I di grow up in the suburbs outside Atlanta but my family in Cochran taught me how to speak writing and it was always Samon but we shorten alot of stuff :huh:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I say salmon. My wife says samon. She use to try and correct me until she slipped up and called Yosemite, Yose a mite. She ain't my english teacher no more.
:bounce:

Sir Nutcase can’t say it. Remember this? facepalm: