Salmon or Samon

slow motion

I say salmon and everyone I know does, but I don't socialize much. Don't really care what anyone calls it. Appears native Alaskans call it different things, so why wouldn't Georgians.

All I know is if it ain't in a can you can keep it. Tried some stuff as an adult on the grill that is called the same, but I'll take bream or crappie any day. Priced about $10 a pound too high for something I ain't into when what is in the can is more better.
Don't introduce logic into this.

slow motion

I didn't know for the longest time what a Brazilian nut was before some was put in front of me. Turns out I knew what it was all along. I just didn't know what the Brazilians called them...
Saw in a movie once. The Rock was in Brazil. Said ah Brazil nuts. Lady said we don't call them that here in Brazil.. What do you call them? Nuts.:huh:

slow motion

Well thanks for playing along folks. I enjoyed myself and no I wasn't drinking. Not yet anyway.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t know a single person who says salmon and my roots are as Southern as anyone on this forum. Interesting
It's us southern poors that say SALmon, not the tidewater bourgeois.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know for the longest time what a Brazilian nut was before some was put in front of me. Turns out I knew what it was all along. I just didn't know what the Brazilians called them...
I know what we always called them in my youth.... :oops:

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I was good into my 20s before I knew any better. Seen some with the shell on em and I was like "What are those?"
And then I was like "OOOOHHHH OKAY, YEAH!!"

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I still have to be careful or it will come out. My mom loved them and we had them out all the time.
[/QUOTE]

I gots some sitting in a bowl with a nutcracker on the desk beside my computer right now. Love those things.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I had them in my Christmas stocking as a kid. I was busting out the term at 4 years old
Brazil nuts, English walnuts, Oranges, jacks games, slinkys, and orange slices were Christmas stocking staples when I was a kid.