Salvations galore at our revival!!!

SneekEE

Well we just had revival, and I shared what all happened with a co-worker, he is a preacher, and he was filled with joy as talked about what went on in our revival last week. So i thought some of you might like hearing this as well. But since i am having to type, and eye cant spell, and the wife is hollering for me to come eat, eye will just have to give you the basics.

Our church is a small southern babtist church. The preacher who cam to preach revival was down around monroe Ga. he did indeed allow god to use him. He done a outstanding job, i was on my seat the entire time he was preaching. And i was shouting amen so much throat got sore, and i dont normaly shout amen more than 2 times a service.Not cause the preaching aint good, i am just quiet like that, paying attention and all. Any way the preacher preached under the power of Gods holy spirit. There were a few folks that God saved the first couple nights, some rededications, and 1 joined i believe. But the last 2 night got real.... well, real exciting. Our church has always done things in order, that is we hear the sermon, then the piano plays, we sing and there is a invitation.

Well not that night, lol. He was preaching and there was still another 30 minutes left in the sermon, when I was ready to hit the alter. I member thinking I wish this ole boy would hush and let me get to the alter. He was preaching especialy to the men. I was on the 2nd to thr fron pue when all of a suddn me and a decon jumped up going to the alter. He was asking somthing along the lines of are there any men today willing torepent and serve the lord? Well as me and the other ole boy rounded the pew I relised just about the whole church was comming with me. Then bout the time I got there I heared him say somthing to the women then they all piled out. I looked out n crowd and there was only 2 people out of like 100 still setting there, and they came with the preacher i think. It was very good, and we all stayed at the alter till the end. But that aint the realy good part.

The next night, he preached a sermon i think was called Gods Last Call. Anyway, when the invitation came, people began comming down, over and over people came. I dont know how many recieved Jesus, but it was enough to fill up thr 2 front pues. And alot more came and just prayed. Seemed like they was comming down for ever. and not only was each of them in tears so was I, tears of joy. What realy touched me was God saved a close freind or 2 of mine. One was I think 83 years old, been in that church since he was born, cried out to God last week. And another one was the preachers son.

preachers son is about 22. He told me later that he went down to ask his dady to pray that he would be a better christian. Then he said it was like God told him, before you can be a better christian you got to become a christian. He was lost, but his father had led him in the prayer when he was younger. Well the young man after praying to be a better christian wjust went back and sat down on the back pew. Folks stopped comming, and we stopped singing. After those who God had just saved got through standing up and speaking, the pastor did somthing i never seen him do. He said he was compelled to sing one more stanza. that he felt God wasnt through, so we did. As soon as we did the pastors son ran down the isle and balling in tears said daddy i am going to he-ll, i aint saved and i want God to save me! i watched as they both went face first in the floor, crying out for God to save him, and He did!. And after that, more folks strated comming. then the teen agers started comming. It was awsome, God is good. I later found out, there has been several more call the pastor to report that they to were saved after revival was over. And almost everyone of those people who God saved, all had professed to be a saved for a long time.And many of them were elderly folks. Been in church all there life.

Well, gotta go, just wanted to share.God is good all the time!

tomtlb66

Now thats the God we serve. Always wanting to give us more and more chances. We just have to recieve it.

SneekEE

Amen tomtlb66, and i like the way throw the word recieve in there!

tomtlb66

I honestly believe God has all these blessings that He wants to give us and we miss out because maybe we were not obedient or the enemy was bothering us so bad our mind wasn't on God. I know I am not where I need to be, but thank God I am not where I was. Awesome post man, thanks for sharing the word.

If we can just humble ourselves and truly let God take control, we will see miracles, blessings, healings, deliverings and so much more that God wants us to have.

ronpasley

Amen SneekEE thanks for sharing praise God for His Holy Spirit that moves over us and shows us things in are life. The altar what a sweet place to be repenting changes in are life to live for the King of Kings.

Man I miss a great service nothing like having the Holy Spirit moving seeing people crying out to our great Jehovah God.

Thank you brother for sharing you have been a great blessing to me keep on a firing line for Jesus.

Your Brother in Christ
Ron Pasley