Same deer? How old?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’d guess the first and last pictures are the same , and you are probably correct on age or he could be a year younger

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
What state?

its a backyard buck, so GA. I Had 4 of these guys come through my front yard one night, even walking over Christmas lights that were on the ground. They all looked like young 8 pointers with nice racks, cept 1 was clearly larger than the other 3.

The more I look at him, the smaller he gets. I probably overshot my guess by a year.

buckpasser

I believe you’ve got him pegged on age. Can you hunt him?

flatwoods

First pic.
That's not a 3 yr old anywhere I hunt.
We live in different worlds though. You know your deer way better than I do.
Those are some long beams.
Last pic looks like it could be a 3 yr old.
Pics are so deceiving. Video is nice.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I believe you’ve got him pegged on age. Can you hunt him?
I’ve still got 3 days…..and next year :rockon:

It’s funny, my bud says if I keep going, I’m gonna mess up and kill a giant one day…..I hope he’s right! A Giant in my book is probably a lot smaller than most folks would consider one. I will definitely go one more time and the whole bachelor group and all of the ladies will be on the hit list. Warren Womack says he’s an equal opportunity killer and I’d love to follow in a few of his tracks.

Doc_Holliday23

First pic.
Where do you hunt and what is he where you hunt?

Doc_Holliday23

Gotcha. Wasn’t sure if you were saying he’s bigger or smaller than you’re used to at 3yo. I’m not far from you and agree on mass although I have some deer with good beam length genetics.

flatwoods

Gotcha. Wasn’t sure if you were saying he’s bigger or smaller than you’re used to at 3yo. I’m not far from you and agree on mass although I have some deer with good beam length genetics.
Nice. I run up on a good one occasionally but in general I got short beam and no brow tine genetics.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ll be looking for sheds this Year for sure. I’m pretty stoked about next year’s potential Too. I saw a wide buck the other morning and his rack did seem a lot bigger than his body…..he looked like the one in the
First pic.

second photo.

im gonna stink that wick back up and put the camera on video mode…..if you look, you can see it In the pics.