Sat Am First Sit

HIGH COUNTRY

Decided Saturday will be my first sit of the year, with a trad bow recurve for the first time (since I was about fifteen before compounds were legalized in GA - ok that dates me). I did nail a few rabbits and some carp in the spring but that was all, never pulled back on a deer. Of course deep sw ga didnt have many deer back then in early seventies. I was going to wait for grandson to go with me, but he has homecoming/.etc as a senior this year - but man I cant wait any longer.

Fairly confident at trad bow range, fifteen to eighteen steps say fifteen yards or so. Very confident at twelve and in.

I have not shot a doe in many years with compound, bow only was great but this is almost like a kid before Christmas!!!

Five months of almost daily shooting to get ready, tough challenging at times - Bt I made it through the tough early part of the journey without quitting- they better watch out I am going from a super selective deer watcher back to a deer shooter. First brown thing without spots gets shot!!!

F.A.R.R.

Good Luck !

I had 4 deer that were fixin to get stickbow close last evening until coyote ruined it ! Always exciting hunting with a stick bow

Triple C

Decided Saturday will be my first sit of the year, with a trad bow recurve for the first time (since I was about fifteen before compounds were legalized in GA - ok that dates me). I did nail a few rabbits and some carp in the spring but that was all, never pulled back on a deer. Of course deep sw ga didnt have many deer back then in early seventies. I was going to wait for grandson to go with me, but he has homecoming/.etc as a senior this year - but man I cant wait any longer.

Fairly confident at trad bow range, fifteen to eighteen steps say fifteen yards or so. Very confident at twelve and in.

I have not shot a doe in many years with compound, bow only was great but this is almost like a kid before Christmas!!!

Five months of almost daily shooting to get ready, tough challenging at times - Bt I made it through the tough early part of the journey without quitting- they better watch out I am going from a super selective deer watcher back to a deer shooter. First brown thing without spots gets shot!!!
Hope you bloody an arrow Saturday morn with the recurve. Post up if you do.

HIGH COUNTRY

Appreciate the comments! This may humble all that self confidence before it is over - Ha. I have been very successful getting really close over the years, I mostly took tree to twenty yard compound shots - most closer than that. So the trad really fits my way of hunting. Going to work on starting to work on my seventeen year old grandson to get him converted to Trad this summer. I wish that I made the switch decades or more ago!

HIGH COUNTRY

Dont laugh. Kind anticlimatic...

So I was going to hunt, and my wife offered to get a cabin at lake seminole. so then I felt bad about leaving her at nice cabin on the water, and instead had some good food (Pondhouse and Big JIms) and only went up to the property about thirty mins away to do a little work on Saturday - so aftee
all the build up and excitement I didnt go this weekend. Check out the two bucks that showed up saturday am right after seven am, I have a ladder stand on the fence about fifteen yards. Notice second buck in background, guess I should have gone hunting!!! And Sunday am drove three and a half hours to watch my grandson at a baseball prospect camp - not quite the original hunting weekend that I had planned but that is okay!

Attachments

• sept30pic.jpg
    sept30pic.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 10