Saturday food

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Had my son and DIL over, did up some canned bear and deer BBQ, beans, tater wedges and okra...oh my

20230826_180913.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
@ddgarcia. And I went gun shopping in Athens today and decided to go to Rafferty's Restaurant & Bar for a late lunch as we haven't talked FTF for a few months. I had never been. He said it was good and it was.

I had 2 steaks last night so I wasn't in the mood for beef so I had 2 pretty good size fire grilled pork chops, potato and a salad. ddgarcia had a big prime rib sandwich with an au jus' French Dip type thing going on. He said it was good and he never had a bad meal there in over 20 years.
No pics. Phone was in the van but I'm a Rafferty's fan now and will DEFINITELY be going back.

GREAT TO SEE MY BUDDY FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS WAS THE BEST PART !!

pjciii

@ddgarcia. And I went gun shopping in Athens today and decided to go to Rafferty's Restaurant & Bar for a late lunch as we haven't talked FTF for a few months. I had never been. He said it was good and it was.

I had 2 steaks last night so I wasn't in the mood for beef so I had 2 pretty good size fire grilled pork chops, potato and a salad. ddgarcia had a big prime rib sandwich with an au jus' French Dip type thing going on. He said it was good and he never had a bad meal there in over 20 years.
No pics. Phone was in the van but I'm a Rafferty's fan now and will DEFINITELY be going back.

GREAT TO SEE MY BUDDY FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS WAS THE BEST PART !!
Their menu looks good. Had to lookat carry out menu to find prices and location.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I fired up the Blackstone and made some big hamburger steaks. Was good:

hbsteak2.jpg

hbsteak3.jpg

JDBrown

We wanted barbecue, but after working yesterday, I wasn't into firing up the grill when it was already nearly 100 outside, we rode back over to Rome to check out a newer place, but it was way too busy, so we wound up going back to Jim n Nick's. I had a combo plate, spare ribs and "well marbled" brisket, with beans and tater salad. The ribs and sides were great, the brisket was pretty much just marbling, mostly fat, with a little meat. I guess next time, I'll order it lean. 20230826_182611.jpg