Saturday night eats

HermanMerman

I can’t remember the last time I cooked chicken any other way than on the grill. Decided to roast one in the oven tonight and it reminded me that this is probably my favorite way to cook a bird. The kids had their way with it and I had to wash my hands to type this as I picked the carcass clean. The bones left over are museum quality.

Feel free to one up me…post em if you got ‘em.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpeg
    IMG_0476.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
When the Middle East meets the Far East by way of WV.

Couscous, shrimp, stir fry vegetables, spices, oyster and soy sauce.

20240504_180932.jpg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I can’t remember the last time I cooked chicken any other way than on the grill. Decided to roast one in the oven tonight and it reminded me that this is probably my favorite way to cook a bird. The kids had their way with it and I had to wash my hands to type this as I picked the carcass clean. The bones left over are museum quality.

Feel free to one up me…post em if you got ‘em.
I "inherited" a George Forman rotisserie oven and the only use I have for it is whole chicken, but it earns it's keep every time I find them on sale. Like you said.. finger lick'n good.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
We have one big enough for a turkey, one time a wing came untied and the sucker was climbing out of it, definitely a Thanksgiving to remember.

Do a few beer can chickens as well.

Dub

Well.....my crockpot failed on me a while back.

Today I picked up an InstantPot and gave it a test run.

Made a batch of rice and some frijoles using the new toy...and some double decker tacos.

No problems encountered with the cooker.

IMG_3743.jpeg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313

Made a batch of rice and some frijoles using the new toy...and some double decker tacos.

View attachment 1303671
It'll take a while (internet is your friend for recipes and timing), but you'll end up cooking a lot in your instant pot. Next try cabbage and ham "chunks".

Reactions: Dub

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
We have one big enough for a turkey, one time a wing came untied and the sucker was climbing out of it, definitely a Thanksgiving to remember.

Do a few beer can chickens as well.
Been there.. done that.. gotta "rope" those thangs up good.

Geffellz18

The MIL flew in Thursday night late and the wife, Daughter and her took off this morning for a few days to Cashiers…Just me, the boy and some home improvement chores so just dug out some ready to go goodies from the freezer, let them thaw out for a bit and Viola: Q & Stew.
Made some Redneck quesadillas on this Cinco de Mayo Eve!
IMG_0968.jpegIMG_0971.jpegIMG_0973.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

pjciii

View attachment 1303671
Now that you have one is it going to keep you home cooking your meals? That was the second part if your equation.

JohnnyD

That right there is one of the coolest things I've ever seen on here. How was it?
It was exceptional. Better than we had hoped. He brined the gator then stuffed the tail with boudin and cream cheese then rubbed it all down. Smoked at 275 with pecan wood until done. Pretty sure he got the idea from a guy on YouTube, but either way I'll be doing this myself soon. Very fun and very tasty.

georgia_home

Beef roast in the crock Now