Saturday night...what's cookin'?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here it is. A little 'wooster' sauce and lemon took the mushroom sauce over the top.View attachment 962508
That looks perfect. I would tear that up!

Oh, my, yes! Love me some pastrami, and that looks perfect! Tell us about those taters too, those look delicious!

Grande's

It's the weekend :bounce:

View attachment 962517
Oh yeah, those look great! Making something similar here tonight.

View attachment 962542
To tired for sides. Going to enjoy this old cow piece.
Now that's a steak! I know that was good!

Have mercy y'all have done a fantastic job!
Had some blackened chicken (kinda) and a LCB... Dang good!View attachment 962547View attachment 962548
Man alive, what a pile of fine looking food!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Better late than never. H22 got a hankering for a burger after buying the fella that pressure washed our concrete at Friend's Grill. He had to have one of his own 1/2 deer, 1/2 ground chuck. A Paymaster special. :fine:burger.jpg

ryork

Looking good last night everybody! Some friends of ours from FL came by last night on their way north to KY. Fixed up some supper for them. The soup is a sweet tater-Andouille soup. Didn't get a pic in the bowl. Onions and celery sweated down, then added the Andouille and the previously roasted sweet taters. Let that cook together for a few minutes and then added some homemade chicken stock and let that simmer for a while. Put it all in the blender until smooth and then back in the pot and finished off with a little molasses. The salad is spinach, goat cheese, red onion and a homemade warm Andouille balsamic vinegarette. Main dish was crab stuffed shrimp, asparagus, fried pickled green tomatoes and menieure sauce. 3-16 (4).jpg3-16 (5).jpg3-16 (6).jpg3-16 (7).jpg3-16 (8).jpg3-16 (9).jpg3-16 (10).jpg

GA1dad

@NCHillbilly those taters have become a standard in this house. Mini Yukon golds,, halved. Put in a large bowl,, spray some Pam on them and then add an envelope of ranch seasoning,,, toss around in bowl til fully covered in seasoning. Put on cookie pan and bake at 350 until soft and creamy. We have also made them on the Blackstone.

A toast to all you hard cookin fellas! (and gals, sorry).

I'm on a bit of a road trip, for some gun dealings, and on 1st overnight at my daughter's house. My great SIL just back with ribeyes to grill for dinner. Sigh..... Life is great! Ribeyes tonight, New rifle tomorrow!! Woo Hoo! :rockon:0317191807-1.jpg0317191601-1.jpg

Last edited:

Longhorn 16

Looking good last night everybody! Some friends of ours from FL came by last night on their way north to KY. Fixed up some supper for them. The soup is a sweet tater-Andouille soup. Didn't get a pic in the bowl. Onions and celery sweated down, then added the Andouille and the previously roasted sweet taters. Let that cook together for a few minutes and then added some homemade chicken stock and let that simmer for a while. Put it all in the blender until smooth and then back in the pot and finished off with a little molasses. The salad is spinach, goat cheese, red onion and a homemade warm Andouille balsamic vinegarette. Main dish was crab stuffed shrimp, asparagus, fried pickled green tomatoes and menieure sauce. View attachment 962589View attachment 962590View attachment 962591View attachment 962592View attachment 962593View attachment 962594View attachment 962595
Looking good last night everybody! Some friends of ours from FL came by last night on their way north to KY. Fixed up some supper for them. The soup is a sweet tater-Andouille soup. Didn't get a pic in the bowl. Onions and celery sweated down, then added the Andouille and the previously roasted sweet taters. Let that cook together for a few minutes and then added some homemade chicken stock and let that simmer for a while. Put it all in the blender until smooth and then back in the pot and finished off with a little molasses. The salad is spinach, goat cheese, red onion and a homemade warm Andouille balsamic vinegarette. Main dish was crab stuffed shrimp, asparagus, fried pickled green tomatoes and menieure sauce. View attachment 962589View attachment 962590View attachment 962591View attachment 962592View attachment 962593View attachment 962594View attachment 962595

Talent sir you have it pure talent in the kitchen. Phenomenal flavors I am sure. Thanks for posting.

Dub

A toast to all you hard cookin fellas! (and gals, sorry).

I'm on a bit of a road trip, for some gun dealings, and on 1st overnight at my daughter's house. My great SIL just back with ribeyes to grill for dinner. Sigh..... Life is great! Ribeyes tonight, New rifle tomorrow!! Woo Hoo! :rockon:View attachment 962630View attachment 962625

Great looking ribeyes !!!!!

Getting a new rifle tomorrow here, too !!!

How cool is that.

Recently found out that an out-of-state hunting trip was que'd up for next year. Figured any excuse would do for a new rifle. :rofl:

Whatcha gonna get tomorrow ?

Great looking ribeyes !!!!!

Getting a new rifle tomorrow here, too !!!

How cool is that.

Recently found out that an out-of-state hunting trip was que'd up for next year. Figured any excuse would do for a new rifle. :rofl:

Whatcha gonna get tomorrow ?

I picked up the Henry BB in .45 Colt that I traded into. I traded one of my four Marlin .375s for it., like new with box.

0318191334-1.jpg0318191336-1.jpg

Last edited:

Dub

I picked up the Henry BB in .45 Colt that I traded into. I traded one of my four Marlin .375s for it., like new with box.

View attachment 962817View attachment 962818

That is one sharp looking rifle.

I like the dark grain wood with the stainless. I've only had had one Henry...it appears to have about the same length barrel as yours. it's in .45/70. It handles the recoil very, very well. Great stock design. Seems to be robust action. You'll be able to run some hot handholds or Buffalo Bore type factory loads in that beast....and have a nice round capacity, too.

Great rifle. You'll have fun shooting that one. Handy hunter.

My new stainless & wood rifle should be here next week sometime. It's not a purty one like your Henry, though. It's fairly ugly and some will think it's downright rude at the range....if they are on a bench beside me. :rofl:

https://ruger.com/products/HawkeyeFTWHunter/models.html

Swore I'd never have another ported rifle, however, this one comes with an interchangeable non-ported piece that's weighted the same. Once I get dialed in on a specific load I can swap it out and shoot for confirmation of point of impact and adjust accordingly if needed and leave it non-ported for hunting seasons.

Fairly certain of which scope I'll be going with for it....just need to decide on the reticle.

I need to scoot around to some local shops and see what's what.

Yer gonna laugh........but in this era of gee-whiz-uber-flat shooting 1,000yard wind-walkers................I went with the .30'06. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Feeling like a rebel.

Nothing wrong with the venerable 06. I once owned a dozen rifles so chambered, at the same time.

Reactions: Dub