Savannah River Site fishing challenge

GTMODawg

BANNED
The US Department of Energy and the US Forestry Service, along with the National Wild Turkey Federation, hosted a fishing "tournament" Saturday at the Savannah River Site for wounded warriors and disabled people in the area. Event was limited to 30 participants and boats were provided by SRS employees who were paired with an angler. Rumor has it that the event was won with a 2 fish limit that weighed.....wait for it.....22+ pounds!!!!! I can't confirm that for certain but there was a similar event in October 2018 and the 2 fish bag that won that one was nearly 18 pounds. Its a darn shame those lakes aren't open to limited access to the public but they would probably get ruined in a couple of years.....

Jack Flynn

I've got a dear friend that has been deathly ill for a while because he trapped beavers for DOE in a lot of those lakes

GTMODawg

BANNED
I've got a dear friend that has been deathly ill for a while because he trapped beavers for DOE in a lot of those lakes

All sorts of similar stories and then there are the opposite stories you hear of people who fished in them for years and ate fish after fish out of them and lived to be 100 or something along those lines. Who knows what the actual story is but I suspect too much exposure to them would be unhealthy while some limited exposure would not be in most cases.