Savannah river smallie fishing

AllTerrainAngler

I’m headed up to Evans tomorrow with my kayak. I plan to try to catch a smallie. Hopefully on the fly. Was seeing if anyone else is interested in fishing. I’d like to put in at the pavilion and float down to the north Augusta boat launch. One of up park at the pavilion and one downstream. This isn’t my first time. I know the river isn’t at the best level but I’m ready to get up there

AllTerrainAngler

How did you do ATA?

Several Bartrams, huge red breast but no smallmouth. The crawfish flies I ordered states that they were weighted but the “claws” were made of a felt like material that floated when when wet and constantly wrapped the hook. Ended up throwing poppers and streamers.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Several Bartrams, huge red breast but no smallmouth. The crawfish flies I ordered states that they were weighted but the “claws” were made of a felt like material that floated when when wet and constantly wrapped the hook. Ended up throwing poppers and streamers.
Kraft's Clawdad tied with lead or tungsten eyes is an excellent, fast-sinking pattern that smallmouth will gobble up. The Tequeely with a cone head is also a great all-around smallmouth fly.