Saw briars

Keith Karr

I have an area that has been thick with privet and saw briars that I cleaned up a couple of years ago and recently covered the area with mulch. The privet is about gone after spraying but the saw briars just keep coming up.

I’ve let it get up put on leave several times and sprayed with a dose of glyphosate (41%) at 5-6oz per gallon.

It’s been sprayed several times and still keeps coming back.

What will kill it ?

Will continued cutting it as soon as it comes up through the mulch eventually kill it.

There is an extensive root system of this saw briars in the area under the mulch.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Crossbow or Garlon.

Keith Karr

NCHillbilly and doomtrpr_z71 regardless of what I spray should I let them grow up a foot or two and leaf out before spraying or hit them as soon as they poke through the mulch ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
NCHillbilly and doomtrpr_z71 regardless of what I spray should I let them grow up a foot or two and leaf out before spraying or hit them as soon as they poke through the mulch ?
Yes. Let them grow out for more surface area contact.

Triple C

Tough to get rid of but repeated spraying will eventually get em. I cleared an old fence line that was prolific with them. Gly will eventually get them but takes repeated spraying to get the new ones popping up.

Love em in the woods. Not a fan in the yard.