scoring a buck?

kbuck1

Someone probably has a list of official scorers in your area. There was a game warden that done one for me. Most of the dnr officers probably aren't official scorers though .

pasinthrough

That's actually not a complete list. Some BC scorers can also score for PY and I know some not on that list.

Also check here and call them and ask if they are certified to score for PY.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/records_omlist.asp?area=bgRecords

Any B&C scorer can submit an entry for P&Y. They use the same method. Either organization can be utilized.

It's not difficult and the instructions are online and there are several videos on YouTube showing how to. OP, might want to try it yourself and see what you come out with.

kbuck1

Any B&C scorer can submit an entry for P&Y. They use the same method. Either organization can be utilized.

It's not difficult and the instructions are online and there are several videos on YouTube showing how to. OP, might want to try it yourself and see what you come out with.

I'm not positive but I think you are wrong. The same methods are utilized. However, p&y will only accept scores from an official p&y scorer and not an official boone and crocket scorer. Boone and crocket will accept a score from a p&y scorer though.

Just read on there site that they do accept from boone and crocket scorers. Maybe it's the other way around.

I had gotten this info from an official scorer previously so I'm sure it applied at some point

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-07-15-34-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-15-34-24.png
    332 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

pasinthrough

From the P&Y web site:

The following materials are to be submitted to the Club’s headquarters for each animal being entered into the Records Program:
Original scoring form, completed by the official measurer (either P&Y or B&C)
Fair Chase Affidavit, completed and signed by the bowhunter and signed by a witness
Three (3) photographs of the antlers, horns or skull (a view from the front, a view from the left and a view from the right)
A field photo (of the animal and the hunter), if available
$35.00 recording fee, payable to the Pope and Young Club

I just talked to my scorer also and he confirmed that P&Y will take a B&C form and or scorer due to the same methods being used for both systems.

B&C has some different requirements so they wont' take a P&Y sheet from a scorer.

bowhunterdavid

The DNR head quarters in Gainesville scored one for me, I had to leave it with them a few days till they could get to it.

BowanaLee

Another thing to consider. If your entering into the GON truck buck contest, they want to do the scoring at a time and place they'll post later.
At least thats the way it was in the past.