Shotgun for small game

sprewett

I usually small game hunt with a 22 but thinking to swap over to my 12 gauge. For small game do you have to have a plug in your gun like dove hunting? When I was a kid rabbit hunting with a 20 it was an old Stevens single shot. Thanks in advanced.

Toliver

sprewett

Thanks men. Now I'm gonna trade me semi automatic Stevens in for a belt fed turret shotgun pulled by a team of draft horses. Trees, squirrels, rabbits, and wallet all destroyed in 1 minute. :rofl:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
The harvest limits are still the same.
Why y’all always be in a hurry?

wm742

I've always had access to my dads marlin 60. I carried that riffle on squirrel hunts before I even had a BB gun.
But if I'm just knocking around in the woods, not hunting anything in particular, I carry the new england firearms 20 gauge single shot i got when I was 12.
My grandfather in Mississsippi had a 410/22sr over under that I carried anytime we visited. He sent me a check for $80 one Christmas with a note that told my dad to find me a shot gun.
My dad and I went to the gun show the next weekend and came home with a pardner.
That gun has killed sacks full of squirrels, birds, deer, and knocked down more clay pigeons than most shoot with their automatics. 20 gauge is easy on my shoulder. Will take a deer at 50 yards easy with some buckshot. Its as light as most bb guns I had as a kid.
My dad keeps in on a gun rack in the laundry room for home protection now. Up until a couple years ago, when they started building houses all around him, I would stop by and grab that 20 and take a walk through the woods beside their house. It was always good for a squirrel or a shot at a rabbit.