Shwacker Levi Morgan Series

ansonjjj

Has anybody shot the 2 inch mechanical levi morgan series from Shwacker? The reliability of mechanicals scare me so I've been shooting muzzy trocar fixed blades, but the shwackers design seems a little more reliable and better for penetration than other mechanicals on the market. Would like to hear from someone who has personally used them though before I purchase.

Josh B

I used a regular shwacker for the first time last year. Shot my biggest buck and he didn't make it 30 yards. Shot a doe later on and she didn't go 50 yards. Big holes and lot's of blood. I've used rage for years and mechanicals can make a marginal shot a kill shot.

ansonjjj

I used a regular shwacker for the first time last year. Shot my biggest buck and he didn't make it 30 yards. Shot a doe later on and she didn't go 50 yards. Big holes and lot's of blood. I've used rage for years and mechanicals can make a marginal shot a kill shot.
I'm torn. I prefer the reliability and penetration advantages of a fixed blade. I want to move away from the muzzys tho. Im looking at either staying with fixed blades and shooting the Magnus Black Hornet Ser razor or going to mechanicals with the swhackers.

NBN

I’ve shot shwackers for the last few seasons and have taken 15 animals with them. I lost one this past season from hitting the heavy leg bone where it meets the knuckle. That is the ONLY downside to them. The way the blades hide in the ferrule means if the head does not go all the way through the bone than the blades can’t and won’t open at all. That buck lived. We had many sightings and pics of him. In my opinion from shooting many heads over the years for hitting anywhere on the animal besides the heavy bone it’s the best head out there! One other downside is most of the time it’s a one and done head. This year I’m using the Exodus!

Josh B

I grew up using the cheap fixed blade broad heads at Walmart. Probably got a dozen deer with those. I like the fact the mechanicals shoot like my field tips. I don't get to shoot 60 yards in the woods but if I needed to I could with a mechanical. If I get the chance to go back to Illinois I'll use a big heavy fixed blade. Just because I've lost a deer up there and 2 other guys I know lost deer from no penetration. So I guess I will just match to what ever I'm hunting.

HabershamHunter85

If your going to shoot mechanicals, you can't go wrong with Shwackers. I switched over to Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts for a heavier arrow setup, but Swackers never let me down.

BamaGeorgialine

I’ve shot shwackers for the last few seasons and have taken 15 animals with them. I lost one this past season from hitting the heavy leg bone where it meets the knuckle. That is the ONLY downside to them. The way the blades hide in the ferrule means if the head does not go all the way through the bone than the blades can’t and won’t open at all. That buck lived. We had many sightings and pics of him. In my opinion from shooting many heads over the years for hitting anywhere on the animal besides the heavy bone it’s the best head out there! One other downside is most of the time it’s a one and done head. This year I’m using the Exodus!
I switched from rage to exodus years ago after shooting my would be biggest buck in the shoulder and getting a half inch of penetration. Never looked back

JROESEL

Why don’t you look into bi-polar broad heads, it’s the best of both, it’s a hybrid, I shoot the 125 grain and I have not had to track one past 50 yards since I changed, plus the maker is a Local GON guy, Tim Knight, I usually got some from the blast every year, if you contact him, he’ll get you some

CaptKeith

I use the shwakers on my crossbow. They shoot exactly like my field points, it’s easy to go from target to hunting.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I switched from 25+ years of Muzzy to the 100 grain schwacker original about 7-8 years ago. I’ve killed several deer with them in both Ga and Indiana and have never lost one. I like the simplicity of them. As others have said, they leave big holes with lots of blood. I was hesitant to leave fixed blades at first, but mechanicals are the way to go. I have zero regrets.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I’m still using 16 year old muzzy 3 blades. Resharpen all the blades that don’t get bent before it hits another deer. Switch and swap and a new broad is born again.
4 packs last me awhile.:ROFLMAO:
Probably down to one pack of eight now.
Did the same thing with 4 packs of thunderheads. I do tons of tuning with them then sharpen for the hunt.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I switched mainly because I couldn’t get the Muzzy to fly right when I switched to carbon shafts out of my bow. Killed plenty of deer with them before switching.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’d have no worries about using them, nor would I worry about them opening up. I just picked up Axe bone crushers which are basically the same design. I have tried several fixed blades and mechanicals that just didn’t give me any accuracy. I shot the bone crushers and was very impressed......and quite frankly, relieved. I’ll shoot my Xbow with confidence this year for sure. This was at 30 yards....And I may have flinched a touch! let’s GOOOO!!
E8AD4647-80F8-4681-AFA7-F5504D1F2954.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
BTW-as much as I’ve spent on knockoffs, I could have bought the more expensive ones with a Levi Morgan logo......the Axe bone crushers were $22 for 2 five packs. The worst heads I bought look like shwackers, but the wing blades are cut on the wrong side, which makes them want to turn counterclockwise.....no bueno!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Why don’t you look into bi-polar broad heads, it’s the best of both, it’s a hybrid, I shoot the 125 grain and I have not had to track one past 50 yards since I changed, plus the maker is a Local GON guy, Tim Knight, I usually got some from the blast every year, if you contact him, he’ll get you some
I bought some from him a couple years ago. This will be my first season archery hunting in several years. I’m hoping they do the trick. He kills some big hogs and deer with them.

JROESEL

I was always skeptical about a mechanical, do to the fact, if I don’t get a pass through, I want as many blades open and blending his internals with every limb or bush he hits, but with these hybrids you don’t have to worry about it, so far, I have not had to track one very far, I’ll have six in the quiver with my Mathews opening day, good luck and be safe out there