Wicked Ridge Crossbow

Deerhead

Well I made the switch to a crossbow this year. It was an anniversary present from the wife. I do not know a whole lot about crossbows. But, I wanted reverse limbs, a crank to cock the bow, a good trigger and optics. I purchased a Wicked Ridge Fury 410 de-cock from Amazon. I also needed a new target to stop these speed bolts. I went with the Spiderweb crossbow target.

Upon delivery, I installed the scope and set it up to my eye relief. Waxed the string and lubed the rail. After setting up my target at 10 steps, I sent a bolt flying. It was low at 6 O’clock. I adjusted the scope and sent another bold. Getting closer I, shot two more times and found the bullseye. I backed up to 20 yards and it was close. Made another adjustment and the next bolt found bullseye. This was the easiest sighting in I have every experienced. I have been shooting for a week and it is zeroed all the way to 50 yds.

In review of this crossbow, I have to say I really like to optics. They are crystal clear and the 30mm tube provides ample field of view. The dots in the scope are black (non-illuminated) or illuminated red or green. The trigger is 3.5lbs with no creep. It is a solid trigger. I would prefer 3lb trigger but that is just my personal preference. The cock/de-cock is excellent. Easy to cock or de-cock you can stop and let go of the crank handle and it stays in place.

I will say this bow is fast. Super-fast! I have yet to see a bolt in the air after pulling the trigger. Just hear it slamming into the target. I cannot foresee a deer jumping this string.

The SpiderWeb target is as advertised. Two finger easy removal! The bolt only penetrates 4-5 inches. Best target I have owned!

After purchasing the Wicked Ridge, the only item I would like different is the cock/De-Cock that is currently on the Ten Pont cross bows. It seem easier to operate. However, I’m not willing to pay that much for convenience. The unit on the Fury is just fine.

1660831158961.png

BowanaLee

I've been laying them out with a cheap Wicked Ridge blackhawk 360. I block off the cam with insulated pliers handle and change the string, cables and adjust timing. Works like it was made too. It's not though, i guess ? One thing though. Shooting field points is not like using fixed heads. It takes some work tuning arrows. I guess you can use mechanicals and dodge the tuning process somewhat ? I fletch all my arrows with the same color vanes for nock tuning even though all my arrows are spine indexed with a ram spine tester before fletching. I can probably get 2/3 of my 2 doz arrows to group at 70, on or very near a tennis ball with muzzy 4 blades. Some just wont group and are set aside. I don't even shoot field points. I have 2 wicked ridge bows and they group great. Fitted with a variable speed scope and its deadly.
I like em. (y)

tell sackett

I've been laying them out with a cheap Wicked Ridge blackhawk 360. I block off the cam with insulated pliers handle and change the string, cables and adjust timing. Works like it was made too. It's not though, i guess ? One thing though. Shooting field points is not like using fixed heads. It takes some work tuning arrows. I guess you can use mechanicals and dodge the tuning process somewhat ? I fletch all my arrows with the same color vanes for nock tuning even though all my arrows are spine indexed with a ram spine tester before fletching. I can probably get 2/3 of my 2 doz arrows to group at 70, on or very near a tennis ball with muzzy 4 blades. Some just wont group and are set aside. I don't even shoot field points. I have 2 wicked ridge bows and they group great. Fitted with a variable speed scope and its deadly.
I like em. (y)

I bought a 360 last year for my first bow, but wuhan blew up my deer season. I really like that bow. I bought an Invader400 second hand this year, but it’s got to have a enter serving before I do any more shooting with it.

I’ve seen folks on cbn post about blocking the cams, but I’ve never tried it. Can you share any more about exactly how it’s done?

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

The OP’s bow might be the same one that @Jeetdawg wife got.

Great write up by @Deerhead !!

I am praying I can hold off another year before replacing my older Parker.

Jeetdawg

I have the TenPointe Viper with the Acuslide and it’s the cat’s meow…though expensive. I bought my wife the RDX400 by Wicked Ridge with the Acudraw (no Decock). She already loves it and I went ahead and ordered some custom arrows. The new technology is pretty amazing.

Deerhead

The Ten Points are nice. Definitely like the Accuslide! It looks super easy. Since this was my first crossbow, I did not want to spend that much on a new venture. Well at least not until I am proficient at shooting it and to determine if I like it more than a compound bow. I am amazed how accurate it is. Getting comfortable out to 40 yds. Have not tried 50 or 60 yet.