"Slick Trick"--Wow!!

Hunter922

Shot the Slick Trick Mags for quite a while. They are great heads. Super sharp and obviously you found out they fly like darts..

godogs57

Broadhead of choice among a pile of elk hunters. If it works on a bull elk, it'll do just fine on a whitetail. Shot my biggest bow buck with a Slick Trick. They work fine...shoot straight and are not "defeated" by heavy bone.

rutnbuk

First time I took one out of the package I was really not that impressed with the way they "looked". But the first time one sliced right through the little patch a fur I was aiming at- well I have been a believer ever since. Much sharper and stronger than they look.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
One of the very best heads out there IMHO. I been shooting them for years and they never dissapoint

jbogg

I have shot expandables for almost 25 years. Now that I am hunting bear I have switched to Slick Tricks which I will be using for the first time this fall. Glad to hear of the good results.

Kris87

I shot Slick Tricks a long time. Some of the sharpest heads right out of the box, maybe besides Magnus. I switched because I wasn't always impressed with the blood trails. Switched to Ramcats and there's no comparison in holes.

goshenmountainman

I have shot expandables for almost 25 years. Now that I am hunting bear I have switched to Slick Tricks which I will be using for the first time this fall. Glad to hear of the good results.
You will probably have trouble with blood trails, I did. Head to small and to much fat to fill hole. Just my experience, after trying to track hardly no blood my friend finally switched. We found two of the bear and one we couldn't find, small specks of blood and far apart. The first one had a little blood where shot and then nothing for 100 yds. and I tracked him by where he left his tracks in the leaves, when we found him there was a spot about as big as a softball right where he was laying and that was it, hit through both lungs.

jbogg

I shot Slick Tricks a long time. Some of the sharpest heads right out of the box, maybe besides Magnus. I switched because I wasn't always impressed with the blood trails. Switched to Ramcats and there's no comparison in holes.

That’s a little concerning. How do the Ramcats fly?

Kris87

That’s a little concerning. How do the Ramcats fly?

They're the best flying fixed head I've ever shot. And I've shot a lot of heads over the years. If someone says they don't fly well, they have a seriously out of tune setup. I've tested them out of bows with awful paper tears and they still hit with field points.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Anyone shot the ramcat single bevel grind heads? Blades look a little thicker..... But. A little less cutting diameter. 1 inch I believe

Kris87

Anyone shot the ramcat single bevel grind heads? Blades look a little thicker..... But. A little less cutting diameter. 1 inch I believe

I have never held one. Don't know much about them.

Dallen92

I've always used the slick trick 125 magnums. The blood trails have always been good for me. They are the most durable broadhead I have ever used. Been able to get a complete pass through with the same broadhead on the last 10 deer I've killed. With a little work on the stone after each shot the blades will sharpen back up better than a brand new one.

benellisbe

I have been shooting ST for many years. I have not had an issue with blood trail unless I did not hit where I should have. I have tried Ramcats and they fly fine from both of my bows, but I am still going to go with ST for the foreseeable future.

I did try Rage several years ago and they work great when you have a perfect hit. I did get annoyed with how damaged the head was after a pass through. I have several ST that I simply pull the blades and re-sharpen them and run them again.