SLOW DOWN!

Shadow11

I don't know this man, or any of the people involved, but a local sheriff's deputy lost his entire family a couple of days ago in a traffic accident on hwy 365 in Habersham. A corvette was traveling well over 100 and t-boned a vehicle carrying his wife and 2 young kids. 5 people total died in the crash.

I can't even begin to imagine what this guy is going through. I read this 2 days ago, and I'm still sick at my stomach thinking about it.

Please, for God's sake slow down! If you know any of these idiots driving like this, please try to talk some sense into them.

I see these maniacs driving down that highway almost everyday going to and coming home from work. Maybe not quite as bad as this vette, but there's always somebody out there doing it, and they always seem to get away with it.

Slow down!!!!!

Whitefeather

Management Material
Sadly this is yet another obstacle we have to overcome in our daily lives. These people are no better than common criminals driving 100+ and in some cases they are more than 120+.

Not knocking….LEO but it appears to me that they really aren’t as concerned about it as the regular Joe Schmo is on a daily basis either.

Cellphone cameras have changed the world in not so much in a positive way

basshappy

BANNED
Back in Ohio in Columbus they have unmarked cars patrolling for aggressive driving - tailgating, cutting lanes abruptly, looking at cell phone, etc. And they pull the tards over and cite them.

Here in Atlanta it is a free for all and it sucks. Passenger vehicles are not designed nor made to withstand impacts greater than 65 mph and yet we see the wanna-be-Andrettis every day putting lives at risk.

Take the speed to a track and enjoy it.

Core Lokt

I could write double digit tickets every going to and from work....

The road I live on dead ends at a boat ramp 1 mile from my driveway. The posted speed limit 35. The road is only 2 miles long and I have friends at the top of the hill with young boys that will ride bikes in the road. Used to be NO traffic on this road. IT's a two lane in the middle of a plantation.

In the last year trucks will pass by here going 60+, I mean a blur going by. My wife don't like it but I have been known to go to the ramp behind them and have a talk. 99.9% are high school kids driving daddy's big money. Only had one try to lip off and I told him to call his daddy to come on down so we could talk and he got real quiet.

dslc6487

Plus, the present political admin has declared war on LEO and many, many have resigned and found other jobs, and I do not blame them. So, our roads and neighborhoods do not have as many police officers to monitor speeders, thugs, rapists, etc. In our city of 50,000 people, we are down
400 police officers. So, next time you go and vote, vote Republican and let's see if we can save this country........

oldfella1962

I don't know this man, or any of the people involved, but a local sheriff's deputy lost his entire family a couple of days ago in a traffic accident on hwy 365 in Habersham. A corvette was traveling well over 100 and t-boned a vehicle carrying his wife and 2 young kids. 5 people total died in the crash.

I can't even begin to imagine what this guy is going through. I read this 2 days ago, and I'm still sick at my stomach thinking about it.

Please, for God's sake slow down! If you know any of these idiots driving like this, please try to talk some sense into them.

I see these maniacs driving down that highway almost everyday going to and coming home from work. Maybe not quite as bad as this vette, but there's always somebody out there doing it, and they always seem to get away with it.

Slow down!!!!!
And the worst part of this? It was totally preventable! Some humans have a knack for bring trouble on themselves or on each other. :mad: That said, aggressive drivers here in Augusta during my morning commute (often in the dark) was a big factor in my retiring early. I got in a wreck (could have been worse) and I was driving safe and legally, but still got hit for my efforts. :( And they changed the speed limit on a busy road I often took from 55 to 65 making it even more dangerous. Nothing against speed per se, but when you have idiots jumping from lane-to-lane every five seconds, not signaling, cutting across three lanes of busy traffic and dodging cars to get to their exit, etc. etc. it's pure madness.

What really amazes me is people screaming through residential areas! :eek:
Kids and pets all over the street, old people using walkers, and jokers are coming through so fast you'd think the devil was chasing them. :devilish:

Even store parking lots (gee, what are the odds any pedestrians might be there?) are like a racetrack. I always try to find a parking spot where I can pull forward when I leave, rather than have to back out. Apparently nobody screaming through a parking lot expects anyone to be backing out slowly & carefully, and they get upset when they encounter this strange phenomenon. :unsure:

Not to rant, but the human race (or at least the segment I encounter on a daily basis) fills me with an ever-increasing disgust & disappointment that borders on unfathomable. :mad:

oldfella1962

Back in Ohio in Columbus they have unmarked cars patrolling for aggressive driving - tailgating, cutting lanes abruptly, looking at cell phone, etc. And they pull the tards over and cite them.

Here in Atlanta it is a free for all and it sucks. Passenger vehicles are not designed nor made to withstand impacts greater than 65 mph and yet we see the wanna-be-Andrettis every day putting lives at risk.

Take the speed to a track and enjoy it.
And the catch-22 is modern vehicles are safer than ever, with multiple air-bags and materials that crumple and absorb energy - but the drivers are so insane and oblivious to their surroundings that it cancels that safety out! :(

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Years ago a new red Ford went by as fast as it could. Well construction was ahead. It hit the concrete column head on. It looked about 6’ long. The cab was disintegrated. I say well at lease it was just them.

oldfella1962

Years ago a new red Ford went by as fast as it could. Well construction was ahead. It hit the concrete column head on. It looked about 6’ long. The cab was disintegrated. I say well at lease it was just them.
Some good Karma right there, with no collateral damage! (y)

Gbr5pb

Came home around 285 Sunday evening and it was full of Mario Andretti want to be idiots! Had my grandsons with me but was sorta wishing for one of them old Rat Patrol jeeps with the 50 caliber mounted on the back

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I could write double digit tickets every going to and from work....

The road I live on dead ends at a boat ramp 1 mile from my driveway. The posted speed limit 35. The road is only 2 miles long and I have friends at the top of the hill with young boys that will ride bikes in the road. Used to be NO traffic on this road. IT's a two lane in the middle of a plantation.

In the last year trucks will pass by here going 60+, I mean a blur going by. My wife don't like it but I have been known to go to the ramp behind them and have a talk. 99.9% are high school kids driving daddy's big money. Only had one try to lip off and I told him to call his daddy to come on down so we could talk and he got real quiet.
They don,t understand that the vehicle is a 1ton projectile traveling at 60 mph......until its to late.

Meriwether Mike

I am working three days a week and the 15 mile drive is insane. People are absolutely idiots. I am not sure I could handle 5 days a week any more.

Duff

Went to Florida a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t believe the way folks were driving in and around Atlanta. It’s nuts! Like a free for all!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I spend two hours a day on the interstate going to work and back. It is chock full of idiots who would rather die than lose 15 seconds.

WaltL1

If folks could just be smart enough to leave 10 minutes earlier they wouldnt have to drive like maniacs to get to where they are going on time.
Too much to ask I guess.

Big7

The Oracle
Saw a bad one on HWY 23 headed to North Georgia/North Carolina last Saturday.

Not familiar with that stretch of road so not sure which dink town I was close to.

They shut all the north bound lanes down and by the looks of the cars involved, it'd be a miracle if anyone survived.