Snake Bite to the Face ?

zedex

Gator Bait
I've never run across a copperhead in a tree. I know they can climb, though, because I've seen them and pygmy rattlers up on palmetto leaf. A pygmy got me from a palmetto leaf.... didnt see the little dude. Copperheads are easy to spot, especially on those green leafs.

Can you imagine a venomous bite to the face?? Holy smokes, that's gotta hurt.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’ve not seen one up higher than berry thickets but I guess it isn’t uncommon.

DE0243CA-8EA0-45EA-B8D6-DBEC48E4AB4B.jpeg

Anvil Head

They gotta eat just like every other living creature. Being alert to our surroundings is always important.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that would be rough. I've never seen a copperhead in a tree.

Anvil Head

Used to come across them on occasion up in the barn rafters hunting rats. Always marveled at their climbing ability for such a relatively short bodied snake. Got eye to eye with one retrieving eggs from under the barn one morning - had a stubborn banty hen that refused to lay anywhere else. We gave each other a "pass", but he/she was less than 6" off the end of my nose for an eternity (at least 6 seconds). Amazing how quick your fingers and toes can hit reverse while you're on your belly.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Ouch! That would sho-nuff be an unpleasant experience! And I've never seen them in trees either, but it makes sense to me once he mentioned about the flooding.

7Mag Hunter

I have seen them in bushes around ponds and in grape vines growing on fences and arbors....nasty little critters...

madsam

. Found a Rattler in a tree
so I am always looking but I wouldn't thought much about it in cold temps. Glad
he had a buddy with'em.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I've found shed skins from a copperhead up in a barn loft, but I've never personally seen one climb anything more than a steep bank.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I found a juvenile timber rattler inside the plastic all weather cover for an electric outlet on my front porch. It pays to be aware and to remain watchful even where you least expect danger.