Snow Goose calls

Burl E.

I am going on a Snow Goose (Sky Carp) hunt later this month.
Is there somewhere I can find a site that has snow goose sounds.
I have ordered some reeds and plan on turning a call this next week.
Do they make sounds like the Canada goose?

Nitro

Banned
They do not sound like a Canada. They sound almost like a yapping dog.......

In my experience, a Snow Goose call will do you no good. When in a flock of hundreds or thousands, they won't even hear you calling. During the Spring conservation season, Electronic callers are legal. That may work......

They are in such large groups, pass shooting and/or creeping them is the only effective hunting means.

I have done all of it, from putting out a thousand rags to hundreds of shell decoys......... the birds are very smart and have seen everything.

Have a great hunt.

alphachief

Agarr is correct. During the spring when you have that many geese around you, you wont even be able hear yourself call. Sneak hunts are great first thing in the morning. When those geese get up, it's like shooting into a gigantic wall of feathers. By the way, when you have a thousand geese flying over you and your staring up in amazement...better keep your mouth shut...

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Where you going? You going with a guide or not?

Burl E.

Yes, it will be guided.
I am not sure of the exact location we will be hunting, yet. I fly into Memphis on the 20th. of this month. From there the outfitter will pick us up and we go in Arkansas to his place.
We are hunting out of pit blinds with a 1500 or so decoy spread.
This is one of the new outfitters Outdoor Connection has signed on. So me and 4 other franchise owners are going to inspect and hunt with them to see what type of operation they have before we send clients there.
I was intrested in how the snow goose call should sound. I have turned some duck calls and would like to have a snow goose call to take with me. Just to play with or give to the guide. You Know "Just a little something for the effort."

Burl E.

Oh, I forgot we will be useing electronic calls for those sky carp.

Geeseman

whats a trip like that goin to run, I am lookin for something right now to try and get on before the get to far north....

tom turkey 2x2

Why sky carp

Snows are very hard to hunt hard to hit and pretty good eating if breast fileted and cooked on the grill so why call them sky carp. The only thing i do not like about hunting the snow geese is the noise, they are so loud !!

TRI-COLORED

Snow Geese

You Are Going To Be In For A Rude Awakening.

Snow Geese Dont Decoy Very Good, I Dont Care Who Says They Do,did It For 2 Or 3 Years.

We Put Out Thousands Of Decoys And My Have Killed 10-15 A Day,not Very Good At All,we Used Hand Calls,and Electric Calls.

Now We Go To Arkansas And Push Geese And Kill 200-300 Geese In A 4 Day Trip.

Leaving The 9-12 Of Feb Will Send Pictures When I Get Back.

Geeseman

tri color where in Arkie you going talked to a guy in Stug. today and he's sayin NO GEESE and he's in it for the money so I am believing him...

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I got a buddy that guides for them in MO. Hadn't talked to him in a while, they may not have any yet, but if any of you all are shot me a PM and I will see if he has in openings and/or geese.

alphachief

Got these 14 geese about 10 days ago in Walnut Ridge. Went unguided for duck/geese and jump shot these at first light. Must have been a couple thousand in a flooded rice field.

Attachments

• geese.jpg
    geese.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 83

TRI-COLORED

Geese

There May Not Be Any Geese In The Area Where He Is Able To Hunt.

There Are Alot Of Geese In Other Parts Of Ark.

Just Talk To A Friend Last Night No Problem Finding Geese.

Geeseman

Where is that me and the pops lookin for a good two days of huntin or should say slayin snows....

alphachief

Geeseman,
If your reffering to my post, we leased blinds from Charles Snapp who operates Davey Crockett Outfitters out of Walnut Ridge, AR. He actually has another gentleman that uses his land to run the Spring goose operation, but from what I understand, they do a jam-up job. His website it:

www.arkansaswaterfowl.com

Geeseman

actually i was talking about tri-colors last post. I contacted them alpha and they are letting he other group handle the snow goose hunts. I havent talked with them yet...

Recipe for killing light geese:

fly to Winnipeg, rent a rig, head north.

far north, way above the tree line. Get into the pea fields after obtaining permission from any farmer. They love to talk to Americans, heck they love to talk to anybody from out of the area. They love a southern accent.

Get your decoy spread out and be ready to limit out in perhaps 20 to 30 minutes. I think the limit is still 40 per day.

It gets loud but for excitement it is awful hard to beat.

TRI-COLORED

We found geese in Arkansas!!!

We went this past weekend and these is one pic. More are on the Bragging Board.

Attachments

• 100_2601_150.jpg
    100_2601_150.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 53

Dep6

I know I went the last week of regular season to Ark and we didn't have any trouble finding them.

Snows1.jpg