SoDak 2022

Gator89

Broken Arrow has made vast upgrades to its lodge.

https://huntbrokenarrow.com/lodge/lodge-photos/

We only hunt Broken Arrow one day. We hunt wild birds with Farmers 2 to 3 days per trip, depending on birds and weather.

This year the plan is to hunt our farmer friends, Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Broken Arrow Tuesday and maybe a road hunt afterwards.

Travel home on Wednesday.

Triple C

Broken Arrow has made vast upgrades to its lodge.

https://huntbrokenarrow.com/lodge/lodge-photos/

We only hunt Broken Arrow one day. We hunt wild birds with Farmers 2 to 3 days per trip, depending on birds and weather.

This year the plan is to hunt our farmer friends, Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Broken Arrow Tuesday and maybe a road hunt afterwards.

Travel home on Wednesday.
I agree on Broken Arrow Farms. I know Mark n Mike well. First class pheasant preserve.

For any of u guys that relate
“pen raised” quail to “pen raised” pheasant its nothing similar. I hunted planted quail on some of the finest South GA quail plantations.

It’s nothing similar. Great mix of wild and pen raised n you cant tell the difference in flight. Both shot out of a cannon.

Biggest difference on preserve is no limit n pristine hunting conditions.

Last edited:

Gator89

I agree on Broken Arrow Farms. I know Mark n Mike well. First class pheasant preserve.

For any of u guys that relate
“pen raised” quail to “pen raised” pheasant its nothing similar. I hunted planted quail on some of the finest South GA quail plantations.

It’s nothing similar. Great mix of wild and pen raised n you cant tell the difference in flight. Both shot out of a cannon.

Biggest difference on preserve is no limit n pristine hunting conditions.

Well, your only limit is your wallet.

Gator89

How do you cook ‘em?

My favorite is to breast them out, season, flour then fry like chicken nuggets/strips.

Bacon wrapped with a slice of jalapeno and grilled.

Crockpot with some mushrooom soup, etc. served over rice.

Just don't over cook them.

Gator89

Bird numbers are fair, much improved over the past couple of years.

Lots of birds that hatched this spring survived, most of the roosters killed had nubby spurs indicative of young birds.

My little group scratched out a limit despite a stiff wind blowing up to 30 mph.

WishboneW

My favorite is to breast them out, season, flour then fry like chicken nuggets/strips.

Bacon wrapped with a slice of jalapeno and grilled.

Crockpot with some mushrooom soup, etc. served over rice.

Just don't over cook them.

Sounds delicious! Wild game always tastes better cooked with lower temperature and not over done.