Some Of My Favorite Finds

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Two more. The Bolen was found by my beloved Grandmother around 1960 while I was helping her pick peas. She picked it up, brushed the dirt off of it, and handed it to me. To a little country boy it was a priceless treasure and to an old man today it still is. It also started a fire to find more, learn the history behind them, and to learn how to make them myself. Much of our world history is written in stone.

20230510_153602.jpg20230510_153542.jpg20230510_153659.jpg20230510_153632.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those are some true treasures.

Hillbilly stalker

Beautiful points Nic. A old timer told me once that every stone tool ever made was still here. That’s what started my interest. I don’t have much if any knowledge of them, but I sure do have a heap of respect for them. Just to think that’s all you had to get supper with or defend yourself with…..just wow ! I get an special feeling every time I find and hold one. You have some beauties there. (y)

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Wow!!! And to think they survived without camo, scent killer and high powered rifles. I'd love to take a step back in time and see how in tune with the environment those folks were and their ability to read their surroundings.
Build you a self bow then your cane arrows. Knap a point then start off by stalking squirrels. Patience is the greatest skill you will need to learn.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member