Some Recent Cajun and Creole Fare..........

ryork

Tonight I used up some garden veggies and some leftover shrimp from a couple nights ago. Sweated down some onion, celery, pepper, and garlic, then added some shrimp and cooked for a couple minutes. Added some parmesan, bread crumbs and egg white to make a patty which was browned in a pan. Served with some fried green maters, a little fried okra (my son got the bulk of that) and some concoction I'm calling squash grits. No grits in in at all, but sweated down some onion, garlic and squash with some thyme and chicken stock, and then added some cream. Let that all that cook for a couple minutes and then put in a blender and back in the pan. It's hard to pick out, but that long piece of fried thing is a goat cheese stuffed and panko crusted banana pepper (that is FINE!!) Topped it all off wit a Crystal (hot sauce) lemon buerre blanc sauce.

Last night I cored out a green tomato and deep fried. Used a lower temp so it would cook through and not turn the crust into a piece of concrete. Also deep fried some shrimp and roasted some okra with oíl, w'shire sauce and parmesan. Also had jambalaya left over and made a panko crusted deep fried jambalaya ball...... that was good enough on its own. Made a remoulade sauce to top it all off...

7-12 (2).jpg7-12 (5).jpg7-12 (3).jpg7-12 (7).jpg7-12 (8).jpg7-12 (9.jpg7-12 (10).jpg

Attachments

• 7-12 (1).jpg
    7-12 (1).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Both dishes look awesome!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man! :clap:

oops1

Buzzard Expert
The only difference in your dishes and those $100 a plate fancy restaurant dishes is your portion size would actually fill me up. Looks awesome..as usual

ryork

Yep
The only difference in your dishes and those $100 a plate fancy restaurant dishes is your portion size would actually fill me up. Looks awesome..as usual

Thanks!! I don’t believe in skimping on the portions! Not going hungry....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Dang boy. Have you ever cooked anything that didn't turn out perfect?:bounce: