Tuesday Supper

ryork

Been craving something a little different. Tonight made a shrimp-leek gratin with flash fried leeks. Sweated down some thyme and garlic in some butter, then added some flour. Let that cook for a few abd then added half and half and a little stock, grated parm, a pinch of nutmeg and some creole seasoning. Let it thicken while cooking the leeks and then added the shrimp. Put that is a baking dish and topped with buttered Panko and baked. Topped with the fried leeks. Those fried leeks would make a flip flop taste good!!

542EFE4C-1B3A-46AA-9F71-CE2DBF540A84.jpeg31A0D3B2-BCF7-442E-BD39-AF22005F8D68.jpegB9FA4715-CD24-4846-8B29-CED34DCF47A5.jpeg94AB43AF-219E-49C8-BFE9-E63403ACFC4D.jpeg35E8DE90-A2C3-4D8C-BD86-7F0C6D3E6850.jpeg

georgia_home

Got lots of it leftover, soooo

dillas con jamon!

IMG_2626.jpeg

slow motion

Leftovers and add one. Jalapeño poppers, spicy Italian sausage with peppers and onions,tater tot surprise, (not a fan of the name she put on this one) hot wieners, rice, turnip greens, shrimp from a magazine recipe she wanted to try and make that I don't remember the name of but were delicious, and the last of the Jalapeño cheese biscuits. A little homemade hot sauce was poured over the greens. Spicy might have been the theme lately.

20240102_181022.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It does. I did last night.:bounce: He said he'd rather the top get soggy on his plate and leave the bottom nice and crispy.
That's not upside down. You cook it upside down, then flop it right side up out of the pan. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't flop it. I just cut it in the cast iron it's cooked in.
:oops:
It don't taste right upside down. Gotta have that delicious crust on top. Plus, it's purtier. :)