Soooo.. How many going to tell u I’m hunting all day!

rugerfan

My experience : All those years that I got down around 9 or 9:30 to get breakfast I think was a huge mistake and hindered my success for many years.

The last 3 seasons have really showed me that deer move during the day. I personally see more deer from about 8:30 am to 4 pm, than I do from daylight to 8:30 or 4 pm to dark.

I may or may not hunt from the same stand all day, but unless something else is pulling me out of the woods I will be there somewhere.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Kenny I will probably sleep in opening morning since you and I will be out riding around all night Saturday night looking for a goodun to shoot. After we flip a quarter to see who shoots first and who's holding the light maybe we will double up if we're lucky :huh:

Toliver

I generally hunt all day on quota hunts. I like being in the woods while others are moving in and out to see what they stir up. However, I will not proclaim that I will for certain do that on the Chattahoochee Bend hunt since @antharper will be there to bare witness to my failure if I cave and go to camp for lunch. Besides, the limit is 5 on a 2 day hunt. Gotta be in the woods to kill that many in 2 days.

slow motion

I sit all day occasionally. Did several in Illinois last year. Cant say ive seen more deer midday but i enjoy being in the woods. I've posted the story before but there was a big bodied buck that bedded on a high ridge above a creek bottom on the neighbor's property. Their camp was just over the top. When they were hunting they would leave around 1130 and head to get BBQ. Could hear their truck doors slam and them drive off. I would sit in a stand and wait. I could hear when they got back. Couple minutes later he'd start down the ridge. Creek was the line. He'd disappear into the river cane on their side. I could hear him cross the creek. If I guessed he was going upstream he'd go down. Or vice versa. Probably had me pegged before he bedded down. We played that game several times. Never got a shot. Sure was fun though.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Kenny I will probably sleep in opening morning since you and I will be out riding around all night Saturday night looking for a goodun to shoot. After we flip a quarter to see who shoots first and who's holding the light maybe we will double up if we're lucky :huh:
I’m on speeed. I’ll hunt day and night for a week.

BriarPatch99

Age has made "long" sits almost impossible for me... I need to get up and walk some after about 3.5 hours....

My worse "thing" is needing to do something else ...that gets in my mind and won't quit bugging me until I get down ... add that to the fact that my most far away stand is 500 yards from the back door...

Big7

The Oracle
Not all day for me.

I figure on having one on the ground by 8:30

Or NOT. :LOL:

Big7

The Oracle
I got some REAL GOOD GPS coordinates for sale.

And they are used to trucks and lights.:LOL:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
My pee bottle isnt big enough for a all day sit. Usually head to the truck about 11

johnnyk2000

I’ve done it a lot over the years. And I see and kill 99.9% of my deer before 9:30 am or the last hour of daylight. I’ve killed a few midday, but not enough to make me enthusiastic about it. I’ll hunt all day back in the mountains pretty often, but still almost never see a deer between 10 and 4 unless it’s a full moon or it rained most of the morning.
In my opinion. This is spot on right here. Nailed it

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I generally hunt all day on quota hunts. I like being in the woods while others are moving in and out to see what they stir up. However, I will not proclaim that I will for certain do that on the Chattahoochee Bend hunt since @antharper will be there to bare witness to my failure if I cave and go to camp for lunch. Besides, the limit is 5 on a 2 day hunt. Gotta be in the woods to kill that many in 2 days.
Antharper won’t be witness to anything ! I’ll be in a tree until I shoot something . Unless you need help dragging

Kev

Y’all need to invest in a thermal scope. Your success rate will triple and no one will look out their window and think, “who’s shinning that light across the bean field.”

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Back about 15 years ago , when I was in a lot better shape, I went on a guided hunt in Illinois and sat 4 days with no harness all day in a little lock-in stand and I’m 260 pounds. They insisted we sat all day, prob bc they didn’t feel like pickin us up, didn’t see anymore deer during the day then I did the first and last hour of the day. Never again

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I will hunt all day. By 8am in in nap mode. I’ll wake up around 11 to snack. Then nap till 4……snack……nap till 630 then hung to dark. Got a new recliner on the box blind.

B. White

A lot depends on where you hunt and how they move. I hunted a couple of places where for years 9:30 was about as early as I got serious and killed most bigger bucks from 10:00 to 11:30 over a 15 year period. My property now is mostly open and I can get down at 9:00 and go back in an hour before dark and not miss anything.

groundhawg

I almost never hunt all day. I’m sure it’s cost me a few deer, but I despise sitting in a tree from daylight to dark.
I’m not naive to ever declare that I will stay all day though, so there’s that
About the same for me. I go hunting to enjoy myself. Hunted all day/stayed in my stand only twice, ever, and was sore and wore out my the end of the day. So if not having fun I am not going to do it. If you can or want to great just not the way I enjoy hinting.

ucfireman

Never sat in the same spot all day, but I have been in the woods all day.
On public I usually sit for a couple of hours then move and sit a few more and so on.
Don't care too much if I "mess up" someone else. I'll just wonder off to somewhere else.

Liberty

Age has made "long" sits almost impossible for me... I need to get up and walk some after about 3.5 hours....

My worse "thing" is needing to do something else ...that gets in my mind and won't quit bugging me until I get down ... add that to the fact that my most far away stand is 500 yards from the back door...
All within 400 for me. A half mile thru the woods use to be an adventure, now it would keep me from pulling the trigger.

Latest posts