South Georgia Hunters...this year I am the president of the Douglas, Ga Lions Club and each year

rstallings1979

we have our Big Buck Contest on the opening night of rifle season. Last year we gave away around 110 guns of all kinds including ARs, Beretta Outlanders, S&W pistols, multiple rifles etc. Grand prizes included a Can Am fourwheeler, a Beretta A400, Hunting packages, a yeti cooler package, a Browning Bar Rifle, a cargo trailer, and a Big Green Egg package. We also gave away 10,000 dollars in cash. Its a really nice event and we use the profit to support eyesight (camp for the blind, leader dog etc) and other non profit organizations. This year I plan to increase the quality of guns that we give away even more. Last year we had 10 A300 Berettas of the 110 and I am increasing that to 25. We also had 25 ARs we gave away.

We also give cash prizes for the biggest buck 1st & 2nd bow, 1st and 2nd rifle, and 1st and 2nd muzzleloader...we also have a 16 and under youth category. The buck has to be killed in Georgia. Please plan to join us. The money raised goes to a great cause and the prizes really are nice. Please contact me if you have any questions. You also can find our facebook page and like it (just search Douglas Lions Club). We will start updating it as the event approaches.

Thanks,

Randy

Just an update...here are some of the grandprizes we are giving away this year as I know many of you have reached out to me over the last month:

10,000 in cash
Super Black Eagle Shotgun
Browning Creed 6.5 ****'s Canyon XBolt (these rifles are sharp)
Browning Bar Rifle
Big Green Egg Package
Holland Grill Package
Outdoor package including Yeti 65, Solo Stove, and costa del mar sunglasses
$1,000 Bass Pro Shopping Experience

Total Cash Payouts to hunters will total over $5,000 with the biggest buck receiving $2,000.

Send me a PM for more information on how to take part.

Last edited:

krizia829

Great cause and sounds like a fun event to get hunters together and share stories! Wish I moved up already to GA to be able to attend this! Next year hopefully!

Jim Boyd

Good work, Randy!

rstallings1979

Hey guys...thanks for the interest. We will have contest entry items printed up by the end of the month. Contact me by PM for further info.

Last edited by a moderator:

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Bring some to Ocilla RStallings !! I bet David at Pecks Restaurant won't mind if you sell some there.

rstallings1979

Bring some to Ocilla RStallings !! I bet David at Pecks Restaurant won't mind if you sell some there.
Omen...do you think we can get some support in Ocilla for the event? We have always wondered why more people from Ocilla and Fitzgerald have not turned out considering the amount of prizes that we are giving away. Just for feedback purposes I would like to relay your opinion to my board.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I've been to one in Douglas years ago. it was put on at the school's Gym. Was that this one? People over here would support it i believe. For ticket sales over here i would look at. "The Meat Market" Owners from coffee Co., The Catfish House From Coffee also, Peck's Place. Originally from Douglas. And maybe the bait shop here in Ocilla would sell some for ya. Snapperheads Bait and Tackle. You can PM me for names or any other help.

rstallings1979

Omen...Yes that's the one. If it was years ago we have probably doubled or tripled in size.

Thanks again...I have a membership application for you too. Why don't you just join the club ha ha. Great group of men and women. I will touch base with you once we get the event material printed.