Dawgs to take the East.......

AccUbonD

Combination of both,...Does Saban come to BAMA with out BAMA's history and traditions?
For 4 mil dollars yes he does

Can Saban land as many recruits without a rich past to draw from?
Do you think Saban uses the history and traditions to motivate during practice/games or to influence recruits?
If you think not,...then you just don't know;)

Yes Alabama is a great state to get top talent.

RipperIII

For 4 mil dollars yes he does

Yes Alabama is a great state to get top talent.

...so you think for 4 million bucks Saban goes to coach Ga. Southern?....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Accu,...I love you man, you brighten my day.

...by the way, about half of our recruits come from out of State,...several from Tennessee...wonder why?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
i love to see records, sure lets you know whats gonna happen in the future:bounce: i really dont care what happend ten years ago, that has no affect on what happens this year or the year after. who has brought recruits like we are getting to south caroina in the past? NOBODY, that itself will change the face of the game for us now that we can recruit better players than in the past. the future is lookin better than ever for the gamecock nation. spurrier may not be the smartest coach out there now but that name brings some awesome talent when recruiting comes around, thats good enough for me. numbers mean nothing to me, thats the past. just trips me out how georgia fans think uga is the best and expects all these great things then every year choke(no matter who the coach is) and lose a crutial game to get to the sec champ and puff up and pout, if it wasnt for florida they would have had some chances to go get beat in the sec title games:rofl: theyre average at best, high hopes for an average program but whatever floats your boat. richt is the best coach to ever coach at georgia, check them records since yall like em, and more sec title and all. if he cant do it, whos fault is it now? face it.:whip:

Dude I thought lil joey was delusional........:rofl: Fella UGA has been in the SEC game 3 times since 01 and won 2 of them, has USC even made a appearance...... EVER????? If UGA is average at best, then USC sucks......... Also #'s mean nothing....... like ya'll usually having less #'s than the opponet on the scoreboard.... yeah they mean nothing.:crazy:

You are hilarious dude. Seriously, a SC fan talking about UGA not doing anything? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: When's the last time SC won the East and made an appearance in the SEC champ game? How about BCS games? That's what I thought.

Adam..... the truth hurts.

tjl1388

Lots of recruits are impressed with history and tradition, ...and though history and tradition may not impact individual seasons or even a string of seasons,...successful Schools will, in the long run, return to greatness, or mediocrity. That is the nature of things.
Draw your own conclusions:D

Yesirr.... and tickets to the NFL..... Oh wait..there are a ton of SC guys in the NFL.... USC Trojans.:rofl:

Both of you fan bases are hillarious.

RipperIII

Yesirr.... and tickets to the NFL..... Oh wait..there are a ton of SC guys in the NFL.... USC Trojans.:rofl:

Both of you fan bases are hillarious.

yeah, well, at least we're something...canes are insignificant, and have been a long time...a least the air is fresher now:D

tjl1388

yeah, well, at least we're something...canes are insignificant, and have been a long time...a least the air is fresher now:D

Did I insult you or your team in any way? My post was directed at SC and uGA...not bama or uF. I will be the first to admit the dominance of those two programs the past few years. Congrats to them.

And I believe the conversation was revolving around the past and how teams of the past tend to recruit well and return to prominence....typed by you. My Canes are recruiting well and will be ranked in the top 15 to start the year. They are on their way back. If you can't deal with it then crawl back under the rock you came out from.

RipperIII

Did I insult you or your team in any way? My post was directed at SC and uGA...not bama or uF. I will be the first to admit the dominance of those two programs the past few years. Congrats to them.

And I believe the conversation was revolving around the past and how teams of the past tend to recruit well and return to prominence....typed by you. My Canes are recruiting well and will be ranked in the top 15 to start the year. They are on their way back. If you can't deal with it then crawl back under the rock you came out from.
My bad TJ,...you quoted one of my post, I thought you were including BAMA with SC and UGA,....canes may be improving, we'll see, remember it's not where you start the season it's where you finish,....ask UGA:D
As to whether I can deal with it,...I've dealt with easily before, fact is, the last time I dealt with the canes I couldn't find a single fan roaming the quarter after the game,...in my tenure with BAMA. we are 2-1 vs. the canes:cool:
...as to the rock, it's crowded down there with you and a few others, no sir, I like my pedestal just fine:clap:

ACguy

Combination of both,...Does Saban come to BAMA with out BAMA's history and traditions?
Can Saban land as many recruits without a rich past to draw from?
Do you think Saban uses the history and traditions to motivate during practice/games or to influence recruits?
If you think not,...then you just don't know;)

UF does not have near the Tradition that Bama does and they are a elite program. So is Meyer a much better coach then Saban because he is coaching at a team with out all the tradition Bama has ? Saban can get the top recruits at any school that's a big program right now.

RipperIII

UF does not have near the Tradition that Bama does and they are a elite program. So is Meyer a much better coach then Saban because he is coaching at a team with out all the tradition Bama has ? Saban can get the top recruits at any school that's a big program right now.

Step away from the freon your brain has frozen...
not sure how you came up with that analogy :confused:
but I'll try to humor you,...
1) No, I absolutely don't think that Meyer is as good a coach as Saban
2)Florida is indeed an elite program...but they've been earning that status over the last 20 years
3)Meyer did not inherit nearly the problems that Saban did at BAMA:huh:
4)Does Saban make the same move to Ga. State?, Vandy?, Kentucky? UCLA?,...?
5) you answered my question with your statement..."big program"...yes, Saban draws elite recruits at elite schools and he does so with the probability that , that elite school has a bona fide chance to return to it's historical past

justus3131

Too bad the Dawgs have to travel to Jacksonville again this year to get their reminder of who the big dog really is.

Unicoidawg

Staff member

Unicoidawg

Staff member