Speer/Cci 44special shot load data

rosewood

Does anyone have the load card for 44special that is included in the Speer shotshell capsule box? Here is the 38 special card if anyone wants it.

Thanks,

Rosewood

Attachments

• 20220102_142258.jpg
    20220102_142258.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
no sir, but after looking again the other day when it was brought up I found out that Speer is making them. I can't find CCI anywhere.

I also found this that I asked about the red ones

rosewood

no sir, but after looking again the other day when it was brought up I found out that Speer is making them. I can't find CCI anywhere.

I also found this that I asked about the red ones
Cci/speer are same company. They sell the capsules under speer name and loaded shells under CCI. Most everywhere I have looked are out of stock with loaded and capsules. Trying to work up my homebrew 44shotshells.

Found .410 wads cut down fit nicely in 44 mag brass.

Jester896

Senior Clown
yes...but the last ones I remember were CCI labeled I thought...maybe they were Speer...been a long time since I looked until it came up.

rosewood

yes...but the last ones I remember were CCI labeled I thought...maybe they were Speer...been a long time since I looked until it came up.
The ones I have were always in a speer bullets box. Same as their bullets.

pjciii

These are the ones I have. 100 grains and #9 shot.
2023-07-1206.52.125659484695303695158.jpg

Get it from Cherokee Trading company in Whittier, NC
828-497-2600

Do wish they made these shotshells in .380.

rosewood

I used to load.41 mag shot shells with cardboard wad cut with a sharpened case between 5-8 gr (not critical) Unique and fill er up to the top with shot and a gas check crimped in upside down for a cap...

Check this out...

I believe I read that same article a few years back. Thanks for the reminder. I saved it this time.

I found I have some .410 overshot cards. I cut down the .410 wad and with the OS card, I am getting like 138 grains of #9 in it. Now I just have to figure out how much powder to use. I am thinking starting with 7.0 grains of Unique and shoot over chrony (@2') to check velo.

Rosewood

rosewood

Perfect. Thanks guys.

rosewood

Here is 45 colt

Attachments

• 20230712_004109.jpg
    20230712_004109.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Dub

Big7

The Oracle
These are the ones I have. 100 grains and #9 shot.
View attachment 1239062

Get it from Cherokee Trading company in Whittier, NC
828-497-2600

Do wish they made these shotshells in .380.
Thay make them in 9MM or at least they used to. The capsules were rounded and fed good.

I still have about 3/4 of a pack.

rosewood

That, sir...is some hard to find load data. :cheers:

I poked around some and came up empty-handed.

Interesting they show both 231 & HP-38, but with different charges.
They haven't always been the same.

Reactions: Dub

pjciii

Thay make them in 9MM or at least they used to. The capsules were rounded and fed good.

I still have about 3/4 of a pack.

I think 357 is overkill for the most part. I would have to go out and buy a 9mm to put the shotshells in. I think the ruger 9mm lcr may be the least expensive.

rosewood

I think 357 is overkill for the most part. I would have to go out and buy a 9mm to put the shotshells in. I think the ruger 9mm lcr may be the least expensive.
CCI only makes them in 38 special even though they are labeled 38/357.

Jester896

Senior Clown
i have shot a quail or 10 with a .44...wished I had a .38 but they were still dead. Sometimes those pin birds just won't go in a trap :)

rosewood

i have shot a quail or 10 with a .44...wished I had a .38 but they were still dead. Sometimes those pin birds just won't go in a trap :)
The 38s I loaded for buddy puts a wallop on the snakes. The 3 he shot were grave yard dead as soon as he shot them, no twitching or wiggling like you see when killed other ways. Guess it knocks out the nerve control in the spine also??

Rosewood