Spring plots:what are YOU planting?

Hookedup

The sunn hemp worked well for us last year. It was the second year we planted it in a mix with buckwheat and I & C peas. It seemed to keep up with the browse and stayed about 2' to 3'. I think the buckwheat that jumps up pretty quick helped it establish before it got wiped out. The sunn hemp did a good job too of sheltering the peas too which usually hammered to death early on. Will plant the same again this May.

Do you roughly remember when you planted?

Buckstop

Do you roughly remember when you planted?

I believe it was the last of May. The ag crops on our place and surrounding area were already coming up. That seems to take the pressure off the plots early on so they don't get wiped out at emergence.

Didn't get back up till early August. Was kinda worried with all the rain that the sunn hemp might get away from us and be sky high and a bear to deal with but was pleasantly surprised that the deer had kept it manageable.

mossyhorn

Im planting roughly 10 acres of eagle beans and will have a few spots of grain sorghum and japanese millet around the ponds for the waterfowl. Hope to put the protein to our bucks this year to see what kind of results we get as to weight and antler mass, Ted