Start vs run capacitors

Baroque Brass

Of the two, which is the larger value in microfarads? My well was acting peculiar so I was checking voltage at the pump and when it started up, there was a large arc from the larger of the two capacitors. I removed the two and the one that was arcing had a burned terminal. I went to the wholesale place to get a new one and they said it was the run capacitor but from what I’ve read, the smaller cap (7.5 mf) is the run cap. I like to think the one with the burned terminal is the run cap and that’s why the well was acting weird. Can someone clarify which is which?

Baroque Brass

7.5 mf is a basic run cap. This means the other one is the start cap. What's the value on the start cap? By the way, if youre standing there in your control box with your hand tools- why not replace both?
I should have, it was getting late and we didn’t have water. My goal at the time was to get the pump running again. The start cap seemed to be seeping a bit, run cap wasn’t. The start cap is 130 microfarad. It makes sense, the motor needs more of a kick to start than to run.