Still trying to get more betterer.

godogs57

Finished a few this week. Whittling down my book of orders.

Desert ironwood Flint River Hunter in CPM154 stainless.
D0234B75-A67F-48F2-BBE8-D63EAAEEB3A9.jpeg
S35VN stainless with amber stag, copper and turquoise.
AB108FCC-99D6-402D-A37E-5FA80CA4C912.jpeg
Personal Hunter in exhibition grade desert ironwood. Love this handle material! CPM154 stainless again.
32060E48-A50F-4545-A45D-54AE5D90FB8B.jpeg
Every now and then I get a call for this blade. It’s a boning/filet knife with stabilized white oak handles. I received input from a couple of moose guides in Canada on the design. They wanted to be able to slice out those big backstraps among other chores. It’s received good reviews so far. Made one for myself to use on elk. CPM154 stainless once more. Thanks for looking folks!
47DA07F4-988F-449E-B8FD-A3C1B654270E.jpeg

Big7

The Oracle
Look's good as always.

If I wasn't afraid I'd lose it, I'd get you to make me one out of a good, old fashioned O-1 TS file.

I have been collecting them. Prolly have 10 in different sizes.

Been thinking seriously about getting some hobby quality equipment, as opposed to industrial and make a few.

I worked with tool steels of every type for 40 years.
Don't think it would be a stretch except maybe due to the tolerances I have had to work with, I might not ever get a hand job close enough to suit me.

I have the gift, or curse, depending on perspective, to see things with the eyeballs not many ppl can see.

Same reason I can paint but not do body work..
:bounce:

Your work is ALWAYS very impressive.

Last edited:

godogs57

Look's good as always.

If I wasn't afraid I'd lose it, I'd get you to make me one out of a good, old fashioned O-1 TS file.

I have been collecting them. Prolly have 10 in different sizes.

Been thinking seriously about getting some hobby quality equipment, as opposed to industrial and make a few.

I worked with tool steels of every type for 40 years.
Don't think it would be a stretch except maybe due to the tolerances I have had to work with, I might not ever get a hand job close enough to suit me.

I have the gift, or curse, depending on perspective, to see things with the eyeballs not many ppl can see.

Same reason I can paint but not do body work..
:bounce:

You work is ALWAYS very impressive.
Got an O1 blade made up right now. Similar in shape to the second blade down. Hanging on a nail waiting to get finished up

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
All of them are beautiful............. but that turquoise on the second one makes that knife down right awsome!!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That boning/filet knife is very nice design and beautiful work

wvdawg

Staff member
Love that ironwood! More great knives!

tjchurch

Beautiful work sir. The second one is awesome.

walkinboss01

Very nice. I’m sure they will serve someone well