Struttin

LKennamer

Kinda neat isn't it?

Gobbler is right, strutting and gobbling can occur anytime during the year. The pecking order is fluid, and is constantly shifting, especially when the 'boss' gobbler gets offed during the spring season. I've watched gobblers strut and gobble on the limb while duck hunting in January...sorta gets your blood warmed up...even with ice on the water!

Tom Borck

Banned
Thanks!

I have seen more turkeys this year than ever before. I saw 22 hens and poults the other day and a few days ago saw 33. On another property saw two separate flocks both had anywhere between 12-15 birds!

LKennamar, What is your experience with the turkey population this year?

LKennamer

From what I've seen

It was doing good in most parts of Georgia thru July. I moved to SC in late July, so I haven't been around to see how August went. From the weather and what I've heard from colleagues, I'd say the outlook is good for a good hatch this year, which is needed. Most of the Southeast looks to benefit from very favorable weather patterns for reproduction, which is good news after the last couple of years. That is, if we don't all get blown into the North Atlantic by a hurricane!

gobbler10ga

Hey Tom if you need any help thinning all those birds out just give me a hollar :bounce:

Mattval

Love a big Strutter!