Stuck bullet - advice

MYRX

Today, while sighting in my CVA Wolf, I has a 245 grain bullet not seat properly and its stuck. What's the advice getting it out of the barrel. I did remove the power. So do I take a ram rod and push the bullet back toward the front of the barrel? I would say it is almost seated, maybe 1/8 to 1/4" away. Advice is appreciated.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Today, while sighting in my CVA Wolf, I has a 245 grain bullet not seat properly and its stuck. What's the advice getting it out of the barrel. I did remove the power. So do I take a ram rod and push the bullet back toward the front of the barrel? I would say it is almost seated, maybe 1/8 to 1/4" away. Advice is appreciated.
If it’s not seated properly it might be best to get it out of barrel and figure out why it didn’t seat. If you can push it from the rear out the muzzle that’s what I’d probably do.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Before you take the breech plug out, you can try using an air compressor to push it out by building up the pressure, pushing the air compressor nozzle against the where the nipple threads in or the touch hole if it's a flint lock and giving it a long blast of air. Just make sure it's pointed in a safe direction.