Sunday Morning Run on Lanier w/pics

Scout'nStripers

On the weekend it's best to get out early and get off the lake by 11am. We got out early this morning and we were able to get a few on topwater and the drop shot before the traffic got crazy. The topwater walking bait Lisa was using was a Azuma Z Dog in Casper Shad. It's one of my favorites. I was using my little popper and the drop shot worms were Fruity Worms from Lanier Baits.
lisa4.jpglisa5.jpglisa7.jpglisa6.jpg

Attachments

• lisa4.jpg
    lisa4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
  • lisa5.jpg
    lisa5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 4
  • lisa7.jpg
    lisa7.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 4
  • lisa6.jpg
    lisa6.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 4

28gage

New to the fishing board and wondered about your name being scout n stripers but every time I see a post your loading up on real nice spots. How's the striper fishing? My striper spot is muddy from a lot of spring rains so need pics.:cheers:

Scout'nStripers

New to the fishing board and wondered about your name being scout n stripers but every time I see a post your loading up on real nice spots. How's the striper fishing? My striper spot is muddy from a lot of spring rains so need pics.:cheers:
That's a good question 28gage. The name Scout'nStripers was created some 13 years ago when I owned nothing but Scout boats and fished for nothing but stripers. I also competed on Striper trails throughout the south and absolutely loved targeting stripers. I couldn't of cared less about bass and considered them a nuisance. No offense to the striper guys but after years of fishing for stripers I got tired of putting a live bait on a hook, hooking up a u-rig/jig and just dragging it around till a fish hit it. Bass fishing takes much more effort and strategy IMO and I wanted a new challenge so I sold the striper boat and bought a Ranger bass boat a few years back.

I still target stripers on occasion if I see them while bass fishing. Right now I can catch them on the surface or with a spoon or heavy swim jig out over deep water but I haven't taken many pics of them lately. If I was going to target stripers right now I'd look for big schools on the south end of the lake over deep water and drop a big Ben Parker spoon through them or a big Capt. Mack 2 ounce bucktail with a soft plastic swimbait trailer. Here's 2 videos I made for targeting summer stripers.

Last edited: