Supper with Steve Burch?!

RThomas

I was reading the September issue of GON several weeks ago and in the editorial, Steve Burch was talking about the GONetwork and in his last sentence stated he would take the first person who entered their buck online in the GONetwork contest out to dinner. It sounded pretty cool, but I didn't think too much of it at the time.
After I got my buck on the 19th, I went to the GONetwork website. There were already two bucks entered. But, I went ahead and entered my deer anyway.
I finally got my issue of GON yesterday. To my surprise, my photo was on page 45 (and 163), and under the photo the caption read "...and for being the first entrant to enter his buick online, he's won supper with GONetwork President, Steve Burch."
I was surprised to read this as there were actually two deer entered before mine. But, apparently I was the first to actually enter my own deer. The other two seem to have been entered by GON- not the hunters (or someone has made a terrible mistake).
Anyway, I thought that was pretty neat. Now, I just need to decide where I want to eat. Anyone know of any expensive restaurants? :)
Seriously, I think that was a generous offer for him to make, and look forward to it. But why do I feel like I've got to prepare for a job interview? ;)
Looks like several Woody's folks made the issue this month.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Should be a very nice experience and congrats on being selected. :cool:

The crowd usually thins out around nine at the Waffle House??:D

whatman

gon is the best

thing that has happend to hunting in ga in 20 years. my son won the first kids dream hunt they offerd and killed two bucks. my friends who want to hunt my land always have to by a subscrition before they can hunt with me.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
RT,

You will be in fine company wherever you decide to go eat.

If it were me, I'd let Steve choose. I'd bet he knows where to pick up some fine grub.

Enjoy! :clap:

Jeff Phillips

RT - I think Steve is living in Morgan County now. You can't go wrong with the catfish at Bonner's in Buckhead (the Morgan County Buckhead).

RThomas

bilgerat

Senior
Dinner

Theres A Old Mansion In Social Circle That Has Great Country Cooking, Cant Remember The Name Thou. All I Can Recall Is The Food!

Kdog

The Blue Willow.

By the way RT, Congats on the deer and the dinner. If you go to the Blue willow, you will be very close to my hunting property, and about :20 minutes from my house. You could stop by and pick me up on the way.

Kdog

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Congrats RT on the buck and the dinner... :clap:

bilgerat, you must be talking about the Blue Willow Inn. They do offer some good home style cooking.