Suppresors

Jester896

Senior Clown
the 4473 asked you what your intent was at the time you filled out the form. If you are undecided and make up your mine to gift it to a grand the next day...what did you do illegal?

killerv

the 4473 asked you what your intent was at the time you filled out the form. If you are undecided and make up your mine to gift it to a grand the next day...what did you do illegal?
gifting isn't the issue, but selling it the next day may raise some red flags for sure.

Some folks who have decent size and nice collections may not want to risk all that over a questionable sale. Sucks but that is where we are at now.

FlipKing

Not the paper versions

But I am curious where the ipad/tablet version info is stored....
I mean are they supposed to? No, but I've seen multiple reports of ATF agents using camera phones to capture the paper versions. Who knows how true they are.

killerv

I mean are they supposed to? No, but I've seen multiple reports of ATF agents using camera phones to capture the paper versions. Who knows how true they are.
I believe it, if you've noticed, the put the gun and serial info on the front now so they can get through the stacks quicker instead of unfolding the 4473s. They claim they did this to expedite investigating gun crimes.

Gator89

And what is the big deal about whether or not you "reside in city limits"?

Just trying trip people up so they can't buy a gun?

transfixer

And what is the big deal about whether or not you "reside in city limits"?

Just trying trip people up so they can't buy a gun?

I heard that was so they would know which jurisdiction would be needed when they wanted to send someone to visit/confiscate ?

killerv

I heard that was so they would know which jurisdiction would be needed when they wanted to send someone to visit/confiscate ?
That would be the atf or gbi, not local popo

Had a store tell me I put the wrong county down where I lived, that was a hoot. I think I know where I live dude. "We'll run it anyway but don't be suprised if it comes back denied". I have a permit but this was a store that runs them anyway. Of course, no issues.

transfixer

That would be the atf or gbi, not local popo

Had a store tell me I put the wrong county down where I lived, that was a hoot. I think I know where I live dude. "We'll run it anyway but don't be suprised if it comes back denied". I have a permit but this was a store that runs them anyway. Of course, no issues.

If I remember right I heard that from the Guns and Gadgets dude on YT, he keeps up with all the stuff the ATF is doing, I believe it was referenced as if the ATF didn't want to send someone out , or wanted local LE to accompany them, was the reason for asking city or county ? there realistically is no other reason for that question really ?

ddavis1120

Was talking with some guys at my local gun club yesterday and they said they have recently had several supressor buyers with ATF waits in the 60 to 90 day window instead of the nine to twelve month window. Anybody else heard this?

FlipKing

Was talking with some guys at my local gun club yesterday and they said they have recently had several supressor buyers with ATF waits in the 60 to 90 day window instead of the nine to twelve month window. Anybody else heard this?
Yes they are seeing some very fast approvals and some batch approvals as well. But there are still some coming back 6 months. There's is an NFA reddit where they track member approvals and you can watch the trends.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Yes they are seeing some very fast approvals and some batch approvals as well. But there are still some coming back 6 months. Theirs is an NFA reddit where they track member approvals and you can watch the trends.
Wonder if having concealed license helps with the process