Suppresors

ucfireman

I'm I correct in you can buy one for the largest caliber you have and use it on smaller caliber guns too?

Say buy one for a .308 (30cal) and use it on a .270 or .243. Just not as good as one for the smaller caliber?

And you have to pay the 200 and back ground check for each? not just a 1 time fee and check?

FlipKing

I'm I correct in you can buy one for the largest caliber you have and use it on smaller caliber guns too?

Say buy one for a .308 (30cal) and use it on a .270 or .243. Just not as good as one for the smaller caliber?

And you have to pay the 200 and back ground check for each? not just a 1 time fee and check?
Yes, I use a .30 cal for several guns. And it's 200 and a background check per supressor

Jester896

Senior Clown
and it is the same form that you have to use to take all of these newly amnesty registered SBRs out of the state that you didn't need to take a pistol out of state. I think they are required for any state you travel through to get to your location too...not 100% on that though.

Robust Redhorse

I've never signed a federal document with:

5. Item 6 - Law Enforcement Notification: Each responsible person must provide a notification on this form about the proposed making or acquisition of an NFA firearm to his/her Chief Law Enforcement Officer having jurisdiction where the responsible person is located. The Chief Law Enforcement Officer is considered to be the Chief of Police; the Sheriff; the Head of the State Police; or a State or local district attorney or prosecutor.

6. Complete Items 7 - 10

7. Fingerprints: The responsible person shall submit, in duplicate with the ATF copy of this form, his or her fingerprints on Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Form FD-258. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by a properly trained individual. No fingerprints are required when submitting the CLEO copy of the form. ATF Form 5320. 23 ATF Copy Revised January 2023 Instructions (continue)

8. State or Local Permit: If the State in which the Responsible Person resides requires the Responsible Person to have a State or local permit or licensee, a copy of the permit or license must be submitted with this form.

9. Disposition: The ATF copy of the form, with the fingerprints and photograph, shall be submitted with the ATF Form 1, 4 or 5. The CLEO copy shall be directed to the Responsible Person’s Chief Law Enforcement Officer identified in Item 5 of this form.

Unless you live in one of the most rural/conservative county's in the state and you expect it to always stay that way, just paint a bullseye on your back.

Jester896

Senior Clown
the county I live in is more than pretty blue...I live in the city limits..I have seen no evidence of this bulls-eye you speak of

I'm glad they changed it from the Sheriff having to sign the form to just send him a form in the mail as an FYI:huh:

Kwaksmoka

For anybody looking Silencer Shop has the Omega 300 on sale right now

chase870

Possum Sox
As far as worrying about what you may or may not invite into your life with the .GOV boys I'll let you in on a secret, they already know about you. In my world when I have to target you for pick up, I run a report or two on the data bases I have access to. The data I access is a step above what the average civilian can get but not exactly as good as the. GOVs top tear data. I don't have A I so I do it the old-fashioned way I look at the data and compile it myself.

Hunting license = you have a gun
voter registration = Republican your more prone to
have a decent weapon Colt, Ruger, Winchester, etc.
and know how to use it
Democrat your prone to have a High point or some
other cheap handgun and probably little to no formal
training
vehicle registration = Trucks, muscle cars, diesel, etc. you probably shoot
and Hunt. Most likely a fighter

Sissy cars Prius, Subero etc. your probably soft and
not a fighter

weapons permit You have a gun for sure probably more than one

address I look at your Hood. Country Hood you probably
shoot hunt etc. City hood if you shoot its not as
much indoor range handgun mostly

arrest history Drinking fighting DUI game violations etc. your
dangerous. Theft, hard drugs, stupid stuff no tag no
insurance and other things you might be
dangerous but your most likely to dumb to be
dangerous

These data points are not set in stone but once you check 3 or more on one side or the other I kinda know what to expect. The .GOV boys have way better data than I get. If you have any social media I look at the pics. I learn a lot of pics. I say all this just so you know they know who you are and they have a idea of what you will and will not tolerate.

basshappy

BANNED
Funny, guess you've never done a 4473, and as far as govt in your life, guess you never filed taxes either.

What is 4473?

Okay, I know what it is. But why anyone would fill it out when legally face to face deals can be done is beyond my understanding. I get that the exact make/model may not come up in FTF offering regularly if at all, but there are so many excellent makes/models. I'm flexible when needed.

killerv

What is 4473?

Okay, I know what it is. But why anyone would fill it out when legally face to face deals can be done is beyond my understanding. I get that the exact make/model may not come up in FTF offering regularly if at all, but there are so many excellent makes/models. I'm flexible when needed.
Have you seen the prices folks are asking on sites like odt, etc? They are laughable. Plus you are teetertottering on straw purchasing or dealing with a wanna be dealer that should probably have an ffl.

I guess I'll tell my son, I'll get you the gun you want for christmas, but you may have to wait a few christmas' while I check daily for what you want and hope someone posts it will a decent or fair deal within reasonable driving distance. Hope your dad doesn't get old and die by then or the gun has been beaten up by then. Or I could walk into my fav lgs and be out the store in 5 minutes.

Oh that nice winchester model 63 on the shelf for 400 bucks, no I'll pass, I'll wait until I see one one I can by face to face to 700 thats probably not as in good condition as the one I passed on because I didn't want to do a 4473

There is a tinfoil thread in the PAF.

Last edited: