SW Georgia Counties - DNR Comments

psedna

UAEC
I apologize on front end, do not mean to offend anyone but this is our home, our leased land, land we own, and land we have hunted for decades and we work very hard as many of you do to take care of what we have.

It seems the extension (hopefully later start of season too) for deep SW Ga counties into January is closer than ever to being approved by DNR, possibly as early as next year.

Please read some of the recent posts by Son Anderson if you have any doubt and apparently the biologists scientific studies are backing up what we have observed for years.

Please email your comments supporting the changes now to gm.comments@dnr.ga.gov

Thank you

Ihunt

Good luck. I can’t imagine not being able to hunt the rut.

HIGH COUNTRY

To be fair we did have some pretty good rut most likely starting thanksgiving and some good rut hunting mid December with last year week before Christmas starting be really good. But our best weekend was last weekend of season. I don’t mind delayed doe harvest first part archery season to protect fawns since many are so small. I personally don’t even mind a later archery start date Ir even a later start gun date but that would be more controversial probably. I think personally that the dnr possible proposal of gun to 15th (any later requires legislative law change) and archery to end January is the perfect change for for few seasons and see how it works m. And if it makes sense consider additional tweaking down the road.,.. i appreciate it very much that they are looking seriously at it!!!

buckpasser

Thomas county made the list too. I personally hope the delay isn’t implemented here, but if I had to choose, I’d take the later start, later end even this Far East.

I think it was a great move on the part of DNR and @C.Killmaster to research this, study the results, and suggest a common sense adjustment. No one is making him/them treat us as good as they do. I still want Charlie and his no nonsense logic in charge of the entire DNR at some point, but I’ll take what I can get for now and be appreciative.

Last edited: