Sweating in the woods

Hoss

Well headed out shortly to see if the deer want to cooperate. Gonna be plenty warm with highs in the 80s. Hope the boys are fired up and moving around a lot cause I don’t expect they will be doing much looking for food until after dark. Mrs. Hoss is going to be hunting too and she doesn’t like being cold. I think she gets her wish.
Good luck everyone going out to enjoy the sweat.

Hoss

However hunting when it seems to hot can pay off if you are in the right place.

Big7

The Oracle
I got hot last weekend about an hour after the dew fell pretty hard and it was as cold as it was going to get all day- then got to 80* like you.

Jacket was a little much later but if I hadn't had it, I prolly would have to left. Done got to old to sit and shiver. I ain't that hungry. :LOL:

It was warmer, just right comfortable, right before the dew fell.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I was pouring sweat by the time I made it to the tree I climbed. Skeeters were swarming pretty good too. Thank goodness I had that thermacell! Had to let it run the entire time. I can tolerate the heat, but them dang skeeters are brutal.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Bright moon doesn't help

Hillbilly stalker

They were moving yesterday morning. I watched 8 different deer on WMA within 100 yards feeding on white oaks. I had a buck smoking a doe come behind me twice, I couldn’t get my eyes on him, too thick. I prefer mornings when the leaves are wet, slip in next to known doe bedding areas….the bucks will be coming by to scent check. Scrapes are getting cleaned out repeatedly. Great mornings to be in the woods.

WOODIE13

Seeing movement a lot midday here with the moon, some in the morning, very little in the evening.

Kev

I don’t like the weather but the deer don’t mind too much. We’ve killed some big bucks this week and seen plenty of activity. I think the full moon helps a lot this Time of year.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Seeing movement a lot midday here with the moon, some in the morning, very little in the evening.
They moved heavy around here afternoon. Went to town to eat. Deer eating grass side the road. Way back the same. Got home deer in back yard. Deer on cameras at plots.
Anyway that’s the way it was. :)

WOODIE13

They moved heavy around here afternoon. Went to town to eat. Deer eating grass side the road. Way back the same. Got home deer in back yard. Deer on cameras at plots.
Anyway that’s the way it was. :)
Bright moon usually makes it happen

WOODIE13

Kicks off the rut too