Tagged out in NC: Been a solid week

FlipKing

I guess I won't be shooting much in GA this year. Still got 2 kids to put on deer, but I've been in NC for 6 days and tagged out on bucks. Been a fun week with friends and family.

Screenshot_20231018_224649_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231018_224705_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231018_224705_Gallery.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 72

FlipKing

Both of em showed up on camera for the first time the night before and I was able to get them the next day. 2 different stand but only about 300 yards apart. The 10pt ate a 6.5 and ran 150yds without bleeding a drop. Got lucky and tripped over him

Edit: actually looking closer, we didn't have the 10 on camera at all. 4 tactacams on 40 acres and he's a new one.

Last edited:

buckpasser

Both of em showed up on camera for the first time the night before and I was able to get them the next day. 2 different stand but only about 300 yards apart. The 10pt ate a 6.5 and ran 150yds without bleeding a drop. Got lucky and tripped over him

A 6.5 what, CM? Also, what bullet was it? Not being nosy, I shoot a Grendel and like to research these things. I’ve become a huge fan of the copper bullets in shooting AR calibers. Not too familiar with the CMs or PRCs.

FlipKing

A 6.5 what, CM? Also, what bullet was it? Not being nosy, I shoot a Grendel and like to research these things. I’ve become a huge fan of the copper bullets in shooting AR calibers. Not too familiar with the CMs or PRCs.
Creedmoor. 143 gr eldx loaded at about 2800fps. Wasn't the bullets fault. It was a hard quartering to me shot that didn't exit. Damage inside was extensive though.

slow motion

Congratulations. Both awesome bucks.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Excellent bucks. Why not kill one in GA?

Back40hunter

Congratulations! Just curious, were you east, central or western NC? I hunt a good bit in western NC.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Congrats on a fantastic season! Can’t wait to see what the sniper team comes up with! :rockon: