Talladega....

transfixer

I'm not a Nascar fan, never have been, but does Nascar really think changing all this stuff and basically supporting BLM is going to help them somehow ? I don't think I've ever met a black person who even has a slight interest in Nascar racing ? and I'm an Automotive technician, worked in a lot of different shops in the last 35yrs, with a lot of black mechanics, none of which I remember being interested in Nascar ?

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm not a Nascar fan, never have been, but does Nascar really think changing all this stuff and basically supporting BLM is going to help them somehow ? I don't think I've ever met a black person who even has a slight interest in Nascar racing ? and I'm an Automotive technician, worked in a lot of different shops in the last 35yrs, with a lot of black mechanics, none of which I remember being interested in Nascar ?

It's not necessarily black fans Nascar is courting. It's the millennials. Nascar knows their fanbase is dying. Literally. The only fans they have left have been with them for decades and that generation is getting older and leaving in droves. Nascar knows if it doesn't recruit a new generation of fans, it's toast.

Tight Lines

I used to love NASCAR, been to well over 100 races, and used to even have my own programmed headset to listen to the pit crews...after Dale died, and they got stupid with ticket prices, I stopped going...just not the same sport anymore...

To use one of my favorite phrases, they outdrove their headlights...

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I imagine if someone was at a race today, they would have on bluetooth headphones and be staring at their phone the whole race. People don't work on their cars out there anymore. The love of the auto has all but died. Car lovers got old. I waxed the paint off a Z28 in 4 years, 40 yrs ago. They take it to the clean up place every 3 months now.

With that being said, smaller super late model series is all that survives in my book. But, the cost is quickly killing that off too.

If you want to see black race car drivers, get on 285. They aren't scared anymore. They own it.

The Dixie 500 and Rebel 500 only exist in my old souvenir programs.

specialk

Me and a buddy were talking....i think they quit using the garage area since they went back racing...they roll off the hauler straight to tech then on to pit road....sounds fishy.....jesse smollet comes to mind....

280bst

I miss Athens Speedway every Saturday night. Bunch of Good Ole Boys sure enough. Bunch from Jackson county raced
their. If one wrecked the other they would chuck dirt clogs at each other it was the best. Then coming out Betty's truck stop was right across the road.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I miss Athens Speedway every Saturday night. Bunch of Good Ole Boys sure enough. Bunch from Jackson county raced
their. If one wrecked the other they would chuck dirt clogs at each other it was the best. Then coming out Betty's truck stop was right across the road.

I was driving south down 441 near Commerce Saturday afternoon and saw a couple of trucks pulling late models turning off.

Where's the local track?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
It appears all the drivers and crews washed Bubba Wallace's feet today before the race. Pushed his car to the front of the grid.

:ROFLMAO:

bubba.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
It cracks me up thinking about all the N Bombs Richard Petty has dropped over his lifetime and now he's washing Bubba's feet. :ROFLMAO:

280bst

I was driving south down 441 near Commerce Saturday afternoon and saw a couple of trucks pulling late models turning off.

Where's the local track?
Atlanta Drag Strip had something going on over the week-end. Don't know if Jefco is still open or not havn't heard them in awhile

BornToHuntAndFish

Expecting today's race is all about battling who's gonna get to push Bubba to the finish line to get the checkered flag who may be Nascar's savior. Of course, security camera footage will not be available to show Nascar planting noose in garage for publicity & attention.

NASCAR unites around Bubba Wallace at Talladega Superspeedway
NASCAR drivers and teams unite around Bubba Wallace as they push his No. 43 car down pit road at Talladega Superspeedway as a sign of solidarity

turkeykirk

It cracks me up thinking about all the N Bombs Richard Petty has dropped over his lifetime and now he's washing Bubba's feet. :ROFLMAO:

The King has fallen.:biggrin3:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
And how stupid could a person be if they thought leaving a noose in Bubba Wallace's garage wouldnt HELP the BLM cause. Stupider than stupid.
Smells of Jusse Smollet to me.