Target ? Bucks ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I don't think me n my household or huntin club is influenced by tv terminology.
We've got huge bucks on camera that never get seen by a hunter from our group.
We've killed huge bucks that we've never seen on camera.
The term that aggrivates me is the ".5" or "and a half". I mean really ? Must we have to say the extra part every time?! I'm 43. I'm not 43 and 3/4 or 43.75!! Seriously if you don't say a 3yr old buck is 3.5 then some people get confused!
Them 1/2 year old deer are tender. Just saying. ?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Never had a target buck. I have two cameras on 40 acres, I like to see what deer are around. Since we hunt in Dooly, the cameras have been a big help with teaching my boys what a legal buck looks like and size comparisons on does. We shoot 3-4 deer a year, we start out picky, then we shoot the first 3 legal deer we see.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Buck only hunts-on public land are surely the toughest IMHO. That being said, even with a rifle and either sex on PUBLIC LAND it don’t seem to get much easier.......odds and luck sure play a role. my Target deer is the first one I see that either don’t have spots or is a doe with no spotted followers.?

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Them 1/2 year old deer are tender. Just saying. ?

A buddy shot one, years ago, I’d guess he knocked the spots off it. He carried it by all four legs in one hand. We ate it for supper that night, it was tasty.

Tadder

Y’all don’t name YOUR deer?
Yep I give em all names and ain't none of the got target in it. Last one we took was named Triple 7 Old Monark , shot him Dec. 7th 7 pt 7 yds Old Monark . We got all kinds of names we come up with for em, some get a name before we take em some get the name after we do.(y) But none will have target buck on him unless we take him standing on a target. LOL.

rutnbuk

Well- I will say whenever I take a Buck that does not meet "others standards" I just name it "management buck" and then everyone is ok with me again- lol.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
We name most of them.
Some get named from trail cam pics like Ice age, the sharp 8, Death valley 2.0. Some from actual sightings like Freako. And they all get a name after we kill them like Duramax, Drogo, Scarface, Harley, Sneaky.
Usually something to do with how they look, act or where they are. '

Ruger15

I try to target bucks in the road side ditch with my truck. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t . They get a little squirley between the headlights with me blowing the horn. I try to make it a little more sporty this way but hey it wouldn’t be much of a challenge if they stood still.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I thought it was the one I saw in the Target parking lot. I named a deer Fat Freddie once. His belly was big and his hips bowed out.