Taylor co.4/7

denny

Taylor co.11/7

Hunted Sat afternoon and didn't see a thing.... Sun. morning @ 7:30 a tall racked 8 pt. came within 30 yards of my stand. Had his nose to the ground almost all of the 5 minutes he was in my area. 30 minutes later caught a glimse of something moving, and it was another buck that had his nose to the ground, never lifted his head so I could tell how big it was. Saw three does each by themselves in food plots. I sure hated to leave.

Last edited:

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I have been every day this week (three times in the evening and once in the morning) and have seen deer each time. Lots of young bucks out wandering the woods--I have seen two spikes, a four-pointer, and a six-pointer. Big boy hasn't shown his face yet! ;) Nearly all the does still had their little ones with them. Also heard a little fight break out one afternoon!

BIG dilemma on Saturday. Watch the dawgs...sit in the woods...watch the dawgs...sit in the woods... ::huh: I can't listen to them on the radio while in the stand, Larry gets me too excited! Maybe I can bust a big'un before Saturday at 3:30! :D

denny

I will be down in time to hunt Friday afternoon. :shoot: Maybe i will bust Mr. Big by gametime too. Looks as though I will be the only one hunting 1300 acres this weekend. ::huh: Wish that game was a nite game. Good luck the rest of the week, Leadoff.

big buck blaster

boys the bulldogs are on their own. when I get off work today I will be living in taylor co. for the next week. new moon, cool temps, and gon claims the magic date for taylor co. is nov 18th.. I will post you with the news good or bad around the 21st......

Nga.

I was down all last week. I think GON may hit it about right
seen a lot more aggressition on the buck sign with a young buck spotted
working some scrapes. Good luck. I'll be back down the week of Thanksgiving
hoping to catch the tail end of the rut.

Nga.

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I have been seeing deer every time out so far. I watched a couple of small bucks (spike and a fork horn) chase a doe around Sunday morning. Heard a couple of bucks go at it briefly on Sunday afternoon. I had a small brigade of does surround my stand this afternoon (Monday). :D I was hoping the boys would show up to the party, but I believe it was ladies only! They came to within 10 yards of my stand and then made their way in front of me about 75 or so yards. That is when they got spooked (I believe one of them found me out) and alerted the whole neighborhood that they were leaving! I have been in the woods for the last seven days and plan to be there every evening this week and next too!!!

Denny, how was the trip down to Butler? I shot a big boar hog (260 lbs) Saturday morning. I spent most of the morning trying to get his stinking butt out of the woods! :mad:

denny

4/15

Just returned Monday nite, There was a lot of activity,and spotted many bucks. Made a mistake Sunday nite, and took a tweener, 16 inch spread 8 pt. It just didn't have the mass. Man that was a heck of a ways to drag that buck by myself, and I'm getting too old to do it. This bucks neck was very swollen, but his tarsal glands wasn't dark. When I took him to the cooler there were three other 8 pt in from Taylor co. and none had dark tarsals. I'll be back this weekend for another go at it. BTW, I hate it for the Dawgs, and will be pulling for our SEC rival to run the table and be in the hunt for a national title.

denny

Leadoff, did you drag that hog by yourself ? He was a hoss, and I'm crying about dragging a deer out. We havn't seen a hog on our place in six years.

EuroTruck

Guys,

I hunt just south of Reynolds off of Gen. John B. Gordon Rd. in Macon County and it has been slow so far this year. Lot's of small bucks and very few does.

I'll be down that way this weekend and will probably be having lunch Saturday at Ft. Wayne along with a lot of other hunters I'm sure.

Maybe the rut will take off soon and the low pressure system coming through this weekend will have them on the move. I'll be in the thinned pines hunting the edges of the thick stuff and trying to watch as much area as possible for a little hanky panky action. Looking forward to the fresh air and skeeters. ;)

Good luck to ya'll,

-ET

big buck blaster

spent the week from nov. 13th-nov. 19th at my taylor co. property. on the three cold days, mon,tue, wed, saw a total of 22 deer. saw a 140 class 10pt. twice chasing does that I could not get a good shot at. did kill a nice 8pt. and passed up several spikes, a 4, and a 6pt. going back after the 10pt. thrusday thru next week.

EuroTruck

Hunted in the rain, fog, heat and mosquitoes last weekend.

Saw a decent 6, a small 4 and some does. No sign of the rut. Hardly any rifle shots fired around us, but someone was sure 'nuff tearing up some ducks Saturday and Sunday. Still tons of mast on the ground and lots of browse remaining to be eaten. What a strange year.........

-ET