Team 10 Outlaws

Curtis-UGA

Move over klemson kitty theres a Dawg on this team! Just kiddin! Maybe we should be the outlaws since we got a banned member!

klemsontigers7

Outlaws sounds good to me.

I hunt Georgia the first couple weeks, then hunt mainly SC. Just started turkey hunting about 4 years ago but I kill a few every year. Maybe we can pull off a win!

Curtis-UGA

I hunt mostly in middle Georgia but hope to be going out to Missouri again where I killed a 28 lb whopper last year.

bird_dawg

Sorry I'm late guys. I'm looking forward to this challenge.

klemsontigers7

Headed to camp thursday evening. Gonna do some listening in a few new spots on friday and if I don't hear any then I'll go back to the same places I usually go opening weekend. I usually get a bird or two in the first week or so, then have a dry spell through the middle of April and then pick up another near the end of the season. I'm gonna try and stay strong through the season this year.

c400bronco

Well I just sent huntinfool a pm telling him I would fill in for you guys, Its my first season but there are birds all over my lease and I live 10 min from shefield and paulding forest, so I hope to get a limit. I f you guys want to hold out for someone with a few seasons under thier belt I understand that too.
Chris

Ricochet

Hey, JP checking in...I'll be hunting Hall Co. mostly on the weekends. Plus, some time @ Piedmont NWR in early April. I hope to do some more hunting else where and here in SC. My new job in SC is going to hurt my hunting time this year, but I will be going at it as much as possible. :shoot: :D

Huntinfool

I've got c400bronco and one other guy ready to go for you guys. Since it was my bad putting Mr. Banned on your team, I'll let you guys pick somebody if you want. Otherwise, I'll let one of these guys fill the spot.

Somebody PM me and let me know what you want to do.

bird_dawg

So, have we settled on the "Outlaws" as our team name? Sounds good to me! Can't wait for Sat.

c400bronco

I guess its final now guys, proud to be a part of the team. "Outlaws" is fine by me too. I already have my gear packed up sittin in the garage waitin on friday night.

bird_dawg

Welcome to the team c400bronco, and good luck to all y'all on Sat A.M. even if we don't kill one lets give an update on how we all did. It'll definately be after lunch before I can get online.

Oh, and get this! I love her to death but my wife volunteered us to be part of the hosts for a party on Sat. night!!!!! So much for going late that afternoon.

klemsontigers7

I'm leaving thursday so that I can listen friday morning. I won't be back online until sunday because we definitely don't have internet at camp.

c400bronco

Klemson, I dont even get cell service on my lease, its kinda nice though, peaceful. I will definatley post up on sunday when I get back.
Curtis, where at in mid Ga will you be? I will be between macon and milledgeville on hwy 49. If your gonna be around there I will buy you a beer, or anyone else for that matter.
We only have 85 acres but it looks like i am the only one going this weekend.
Good luck everyone!!

Ricochet

No dice in N. Hall this morning. I did have a nice talk with a hen across the creek from me. That was fun getting her fired up. I know gobblers are in the area...my friend there sent me a cell phone photo of 2 lone gobblers (1 with 2 beards). Hopefully I will get a shot at them sooner or later. Plus, there is turkey sign every where. I would be out there again tomorrow but it sounds like heavy rain is moving in and that has never been good for me, so I doubt I will go.

c400bronco

My plans fell through to go to the lease for the weekend so I went to paulding forest. Didnt get out there until 11:30, so I was gonna hunt where I usually deer hunt because I know the lay of the land there, well there was a truck there, no suprise since almost 200 people had already signed in. I drove down the road looking for a decent spot to go in, found one. Walked in 250 yds, set up my blind put out my decoys@ about 35 yds. Sat down in the blind and started callin. 30 min. later I saw movement, Sure enough it was OL' TOM. I got so fired up and nervous I couldnt even hit my call right I was shaking so bad. He was about 60 yards out and I watched him put on a show for at least 10 min. and figured he wasnt coming any closer. I wasnt set up to take a shot but I tried anyway. No dice. I looked for signs of a hit but nothing, he casually walked back where he came from. I gave him (and me) a little while then tried calling him back in. I walked around a little when I left to get an idea of what the spot was like and now I at least know where to set up at to get him back in and within range.
I may not have gotten the bird but for my first time turkey hunting, I had a blast, and if the rain isnt in dallas early in the morning I will be right back after him!