Team #11 "BPS Boys"

critterslayer

I'm ready to get some points on the board. If the challenge only lasted for the first couple weeks of season I'd never put any points up. I'll score soon enough. Good luck JR.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Another one down for us guys. When I get to a computer I'll post up some pics.

QuackAddict

Way to go Ray! It was a nice one!

I went yesterday but only heard one gobble a few times from the roost but couldn't do anything with him.

Happy Easter!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
These pics good ?

Attachments

• KIMG0177.jpg
    KIMG0177.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20150403_104929.jpg
    IMG_20150403_104929.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 151
  • KIMG0176.jpg
    KIMG0176.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 152

Offroadtek

Nice, good pix.

critterslayer

I got on a public land big mtn bird this morning. He was a good one and I got bad nervous and took a bad shot. I think I shot a tree cause a sure enough didn't touch him. The only thing I can do is keep hunting. I walked a long hike and when I heard him spit and drum I was a nervous wreck.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Been there done that..lol.. Keep after them it will happen.Won't be long and they will be lonely with all the hens hitting the nest.My best birds usually come after April 15th.

Gator8em

I got on a public land big mtn bird this morning. He was a good one and I got bad nervous and took a bad shot. I think I shot a tree cause a sure enough didn't touch him. The only thing I can do is keep hunting. I walked a long hike and when I heard him spit and drum I was a nervous wreck.

It sucks but its awesome, when you stop feeling like that, take up fishing.

Offroadtek

Don't sweat it. That's turkey hunting. I know I could add a few pages to this thread with opportunities that I've missed.

critterslayer

Well, I got on some birds way up in the mtns this afternoon. Two snuck up on me through the laurels and when they poked their heads up at 15 yards I held true and shot. He flew up and landed in a tree right above me, but I couldn't get reloaded in time. Not that it would have mattered cause when I got back I did a test shot and it missed the target completely. Don't know how it got knocked off, but it sure enough blew a hole in the tree right behind the bird's neck. Anyway, no wonder I've been missing. Trying with the muzzleloader was fun, but I'm gonna stick with the shotgun.

QuackAddict

Killed one at 15 yards...It's a jake, but I'll get a mature one soon, hopefully!

Sometimes you just gotta lay the smack down. Still plenty of time left for a mature bird.

I called one in last Thursday for a buddy that had never killed one. I took him on his first turkey hunt three years ago and he's been trying ever since. One of those awesome hunts where he gobbled at 9:30. Saw him strutting in hardwoods 120 yards off. Came into to 50 and gobbled a few times but couldn't see him. Walked off to 150 and the a managed to call him back to 40 yards but still couldn't see him. A little leaf scratching turned out to be his demise. Finally walked out to 15 yards and my buddy hammered him. 9.5 in beard and 1 in spurs.

I didn't go this weekend and probably Friday before I make it back out.

QuackAddict

Well I managed to knock another one down. Not very big spurs but he did have a 10.5 in beard. Didn't hear a single gobble til he gobbled at 10 and after multiple moves I finally pulled the trigger at 12:30.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
We slowly but surely gonna get there.Congrats on a good bird.:clap:

critterslayer

That's awesome! I was on a bird this morning, but he quit gobbling and I lost him. Post up some pics!

QuackAddict

I got my pics posted in the entry thread so we should get another 6 points. Anybody been going? I bet they gobble good tomorrow morning. It looks like Friday before I try for my last one.

Attachments

• mid%20day%20gobbler%202015%20MC%202.jpg
    mid%20day%20gobbler%202015%20MC%202.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 172

Offroadtek

Nice bird. Yesterday was freezing and only heard one gobble. Today I was in the holler that I heard the gobble from but didn't hear any. I did have a hen come in on me and hang around for 30 minutes. She was very lonely and clucked looking for me the whole time. Atleast I know someone likes my calling.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
It was quiet yesterday and this morning.Seems the cool temps made them get tight lip.