Team #2 "Dawn's Crackers"

lock on

We went again this morning and heard only a jake! It's terrible for me but we shall try again in the morning! In the meantime I'm going to look for 4 leaf clovers!

struttin n ruttin

Well I lost a point for the beard. Ed said it was hard for them to see the strands with that picture. They show going over 10 when I zoom in on my laptop, but that picture is hard to tell without zoom. I will try to take extremely clear pictures if I am able to get my last bird. Sorry guys, this is my first year playing in this contest so I am still on a learning curve with the pictures.

Slings and Arrows

Struttin, don't give it any worry. Just keep after those big birds. You are having a great season - enjoy! Gentlemen, we only have a couple weeks left in the season. We should consider posting 5 point birds when we get them. It will take 8 birds to place in the challenge and we still have the option to upgrade one if we get a bonus bird late. It has been a strange spring but y'all have been hunting them hard. I feel our luck is gonna change.

lock on

Mine has finally got some better! I've acquired the new place that all have birds. Over 1000 acres so I hope to kill 1 soon. I haven't really been on a good hunt this year. I'm hoping all this land swings it around. And Kentucky may be an option for this wkd.

struttin n ruttin

I'm just waiting for this low pressure system and bad weather to push through. Tried to go this morning to the WMA but weather was to bad so didn't leave the house. I have been on some big birds there the last few times I have been there. This weekend in to next week is looking great for some gobbling thunder chickens! Good luck to all who will be out.

lock on

I'm debating Kentucky or my new property for this weekend. May actually hit a pasture this afternoon and see what I can find! I'm still giving my all just need a break for a change.

Offroadtek

Yeah, i'm still here. My season has been stinking. Between an eye infection (I've had to wear my glasses) and my honey do list I haven't' gotten out as much as I wanted. I hate hunting in glasses. I spent this past wknd in a cabin in Blue Ridge with the family. Didn't get to hunt but the trout were biting ok. Dad and me caught our limit the first day.
2014_%25204_25_23_%25204.jpg

lock on

Ok Guys I'm heading back to kentucky tonight. Expect some killin to take place. Good luck to y'all.

Offroadtek

Sat down at the club this morning. Got cussed up and down by a hen in a tree, but no gobbles at all. Have fun up there Lock On.

struttin n ruttin

Called in a bird for my buddy this morning. This was a much needed bird for him. After striking out last season and the opening day mishap we had, he finally connected. The morning started with us in tight on a bird that gobbled probably 70 times on the limb. He pitched down the other way to some hens of course. We went and looked for some others after that. With no luck we returned back to the sunrise spot at about 9:30. With an aggressive sequence of cuts, a bird hammered back about 125 away. We sat down and he never gobbled again. Waited about 15 minutes and I said we needed to get closer to him and make something happen because it was obvious he was still henned up. Before we started walking, I blew loud on a crow call and a bird gobbled behind us about 80 yards in our laps! We sat right back down and with some soft clucks and purrs with scratching leaves, he just couldn't stand it. Got a pretty good video I will try to post later. He was one love sick 2 year old!

Good Luck up there Lock On and Offroad hope you find a hot bird soon!

lock on

Ok guys I'm really fed up with my season! I usually kill several birds every year. Kentucky has been a train wreck all season. This morning me and my dad we're working a bird and boom. Somebody drove down the road shot him, loaded him and drove off. This is exactly how my season has been. I'm gonna try the new land out this week but I've about decided against turkey hunting. I'm gonna try like crazy to make a strong finish but something's gotta give soon.

struttin n ruttin

It's all good Lock On. Some times the luck just isn't on our sides. Don't sweat killing another bird. Enjoy your time in the woods. That's #1!

Offroadtek

Sorry to hear that Lock On. That's one of the most frustrating things that can happen on public land. Try to not dwell on the actions of lazy hunters. Think about the next bird you'll work to with-in range. I finally got to work a bird yesterday evening for a friend. Had him going for an hour until sunset, but to no avail. =( Was first bird I've talked at length to this season. Maybe tomorrow morn will be different. :)

Slings and Arrows

It only takes one nice bird to change your whole outlook of a season. Stay after them boys! I'm off to the Black Hills Thursday for my last go at em. So far, the weather looks favorable, confidence is high and my trigger finger is getting itchy again.

struttin n ruttin

I hope you can connect Slings! I'll be doing as much hunting as I can these last 10 days and try to end my season and help contribute the best I can. Let's go out with a bang guys!

Also in case yall havent seen it, I posted the video of my buddy and I's hunt this past weekend. It is listed as Late Season Hunt Video.

struttin n ruttin

Gonna hit some hit or miss spots in the morning that I haven't either hunted at all or only once or twice this season. Killed birds in the past at them so who knows what will happen. Need a little luck on my side these last few days of season. I have a feeling the last one is going to be hard to find.

lock on

I'm chasing birds this afternoon and this weekend hard. It will be a last ditch effort to kill some birds. I'm about to go crazy not killing any birds this year. I'm trying guys just haven't had anything go my way!